Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A ghost in my V3i?. Why why this happens?

spain64 said:
ROB. My answer:
You state that the same issue occurs with different coils. YES.
Put on a V rated coil and leave it on for the testing. YES.
You are running the SAME program settings, with the SAME coil and the SAME battery pack in the SAME place. YES.
You have checked that the screws around the outside of the box are tight. YES
You have tightened all connections. YES
You tried tapping on the box to see if that causes the noise. YES
You tried wiggling the coil connector. YES.

When the problem is happening and leaving the power on, disconnect the coil. Does the problem go away. DO NOT KNOW YET. I have not checked. Test pending.

You are quite the trooper in working all these suggestions, kudos, I am proud of you! One thing I still find odd though. You had two videos done just 6 hours apart, the first showed the noisy chatter, then the next video it was all perfectly working. Had you changed anything between those two videos, like a different coil, loosened the connectors, unscrewed any screws? If everything was all left the same between videos recordings and only the time of day changed, then this is a genuine problem. We are both "sharing the same boat" here with much the same issues, so I am following your feedback closely in all of this. Find us some good answers! I'll try the unscrew and screw the coil back in idea myself.

As crazy as it sounds, intermittent problems are often temperature dependent. I built and produced radio control circuits and ir bounce devices. Often a problem would arise that defied all logic, until temperature was taken into account. Just the heat from a persons hand can change resistance values enough to cause uncoupling and loss of signal. The "devil in the machine" I would call it.

The coils are seriously affected by temperature. So much in fact that there are discussions of the benefit of painting coils white. My buddy informed me this morning that he could turn his gain up to 7 during the hot days not 4 as I had said previously. He would then need to dunk it periodically till the heat soak was dissipated. I have to send it in as soon as possible, he will keep using it till it does not work, it also does not pass the gain test.

I still have not seen the coil removed or the gain turned to 15 on spain64's coil. We still have not heard of the effects of the cooling test.

Some conclusions:

If I disconnect the coil the problem disappears.

BURLBARK: I think you are correct. Today the temperature was 88

i get a heat issue also, in the sun on 90 degree days i go into overload with boost and rx14 , droping to rx11 or turning off boost fixes it. only happens with very high settings. d2 coil

spain64 said:
Some conclusions:

[size=large]If I disconnect the coil the problem disappears.[/size]

So it is not the detector, it is coil related.

BURLBARK: I think you are correct. Today the temperature was 88

Temperature can be a factor. Although designed to maintain loop calibration from 33 - 100 degrees , if your near or above 100, you are at the upper variable for the limits of coil calibration. Typically things are not as well calibrated as they are under 100. Identically, under 33, calibration can be a little off, returning when the temperature becomes more enjoyable.

Post was made by Steve Howard. ROB

:rolleyes::goodnight::drinking::angry::shrug::stars::wacko::cry::blink:

Really.........Martin..... Are you really serious.....:rage: Every forum has to have a Martin.....:drinking:

Why dont you try testing your coil in the fashion you described.............. Why cant you do it on your own coil?

Martin I've had it with your bashing. You have been complaining from the day you got your detector. The problem is you have never done anything to correct your problem, if there is even a problem with your detector. If you took the time to read the post you would see he never did the test on his D2. Even if he did so what?
Most of us have the D2 and have no problems.

You've been warned on other forums, and I am warning you now. The purpose of this forum is to help. It is not a platform for your unfounded rantings. You refer to negative posts most of which in reality are yours. You have been offered good advice and ignore it. You've been told to send your in to be looked, you haven't. I've referred you to a Whites dealer, you haven't gone. I don't know how anyone can help you. Either learn your detector, get a Coinmaster or sell the V3i. ROB.

Could be sun spot activity, large solar flares can wreak havoc on these machines at times . I too have found the V-3 and other metal detectors may not always work correctly when solar activity hits our planet The most sensitive metal detector is the Falcon MD 20, this machine is so sensitive that the earth's magnetic waves will distract it's operation to the point of having to de tune it's operation
Check out this link, it may be almost as important as weather fore cast when metal detecting
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/10mar_stormwarning/

Calibil, there is something wrong. The V3i is not that sensitive. Thanks for the post.

Spain's problem has been identified and this thread is getting out of hand...... I'm closing it.