Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

22 Year Air Force Veteran...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

I volunteer for Hospice. Part of our mission is to Honor Veteran's. I recently started to visit a patient who was a 22 year veteran of the U.S. Air Force. He served in Viet Nam and was one of the many Veterans that I have had the honor of knowing and helping. Recently we gave our Veteran patients a "goodie bag" consisting of a beautiful cross with an American flag and a container of baked goods. Knowing that he was an Air Force Veteran I also gave him an Air Force button that I had dug. It was the first time that I saw him smile. I was just notified that he had passed away. Please keep our Veterans, who have sacrificed soo much for our country, in your prayers? Here is a link to "Today's Finds" showing the button that I gave him:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2353833,2353833#msg-2353833

Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

For serving in this way. You made his day. Continued prayers for our vets and active duty.

That is great what you are doing. Thanks for helping our veterans and hospice. I like to donate money and all my things to them because they are such a good organization.

Congrats on all the good you do and for all the nice finds you seem to dig up! It was great for you to help a Vet for we all need a helping hand every now and then along with our Heavenly Father's help! Amen! God Bless! :angel: Ma

The button is off the Dress Blue Air Force Uniform....I know as I was Air Force for 11 years. I am sorry to lose another Brother but hopefully he is with Jesus. I, too, am a Vietnam Veteran and now fighting both PTSD and Cancer from that war...no one should have to fight a war 3 times. God bless you and yours.

God Bless you Pete with everything going right with you and the Vets instead of wrong like it has been for such a long time! God hear our prayers for Pete and help him to definitely get and keep the help that he needs in his health for doing what was right in God's and American's sight at the time of his enlistment and keeping watch over our nation and our Freedoms! Amen! :angel: Ma

Mike from the MI "Iron Brigade", it is an honor to do what ever I can to help. I have been blessed to have met and worked with true heroes. I am thankful to be able to do it. I keep all Veterans and Active Duty in my daily prayers.

Blind Squirrel

Thank you for the kind words 7centsworth! And thank you for being a supporter of Hospice. The Hospice that I volunteer for (for the last 12 years) is a non profit organization and I am proud to be associated with some of the finest people that I have ever met. The volunteers and staff are dedicated to our mission. God bless you...

Blind Squirrel

Thank you Missouri--Ma Betty, your words of encouragement help me to keep going! Sometimes I can have a week where 3 of the patients that I visit will pass away. It's times like that where my faith in Jesus gives me the strength to continue my volunteering. Tomorrow, after the AF Vet's service, I will swing my V3i - that helps too. Missouri--Ma Betty, I keep you in my prayers. Bless you.

Blind Squirrel

You are welcome Blind Squirrel and :detecting: outdoors while swinging your detector and enjoying being with God is another way that Jesus gives us peace to face the sorrows and helps us to keep on going in many different ways! God Bless! :angel: Ma

On behalf of all veterans, as well as myself, we thank you for all your doing to make our lives a better place to be. Also:

Luke 10:27Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) "He answered: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."