Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Post - 1st Find (kind-of) - Question

Old Navy Guy

Greetings,

I have been reading everything I can about the V3. I just finished putting it together and when I went on line to register my purchase, I keep getting the following:

Error: invalid serial number
Invalid serial number. Please correct this field.

Any thoughts? The serial number is in the following format V3-000-00#-###
I tried with and with out the dashes. I keep getting the same error.

Next my 1st find. I was carrying the box's out of my local Whites Dealer shop and I found a 1990 Penny.
I hope I many more of other denomination when I go out and actually use it.

I was able to also get a FREE Prizm III with my purchase!!

I hope to be able to contribute to the forum as my skills increase along with my finds.

Pete

The serial number inside the battery compartment and the one on the warranty card might be different. Maybe that is causing the problem?:shrug:

That was it...

I was using the serial number that come up on the display when you go to Owner register :)

Thanks for that info. I just figured they were the same number.

I did the same thing last week. No idea why they would put two different S/Ns on there. Only confuses people. Or at least they could explain it on the registration site.

The Serial number that appears when you turn the unit on is the software serial number. The s/n on the warranty card and inside the battery compartment is the unit s/n. All new detector serial numbers are 11-digit numbers (xxxx - xxxx - xxx) - no letters. The Software serial number is used by the Factory and Distributors to retrieve the password that the owner receives after using the Owner registration feature on the unit. The password needs to be kept and manually re-entered to change your Spectra's registration information, in case your contact info changes or you sell the unit. Passwords are not just readily available to us - we can only access the password if we have the Software serial number and to prevent against theft a customer must provide proof of purchase and have proper identification before we can release the password.