Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15 inch W.O.T. Coil and Explorer1 settings...have I got it right?

The white sand that is almost pure sand, not much humus at all in it. Beach sand without the salt:) Almost the entire coastal plain from NJ to Florida has it. The downside in my area is our soil is highly acidic and unless the coin is in a well drained spot, the coppers will look just as bad as a copper from a fertilized field!

I hope you believe me Charles. I've had two other friends in the field listen to this also when it happened last spring. Another point I forgot to mention is that I believe I had a major depth loss when this happens. My buddy let me use his stock black coil from his Exp11 when this happened the last time and it was like night and day, for the better I mean. I was detecting wonderfully. I do believe the coil is shot and wonder if you know if they can be fixed at all and if you know the symptoms of a coil when they go bad. Mine lab said when they go bad they just basically stop working and do not go back and forth from good to bad. One more thing, do you know if the stock black coil of an Exp11 is better than the white stock coil from a 2002 Exp1? Thanks for answering back. John..MI

My XS and model II coils measure the same but they are different in so far as the geometry of the windings, specifically how they overlap down the center. I like the design of the model II coil better but is it a better coil? I'd ask Minelab but logically why else would they change it?

Man, that is just awsome. And to find 2 of them, now that is what I call luck.