Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1200 series coils

Well, this is something I've researched for my Coin$trike. So far the best I've came up with for a solid bottom coil cover is a Tesoro 8" donut coil cover that was supposed to fit the 8" Coin$trike coil. Well I found one on ebay, bought it, got it but! it didn't fit it.
But I did find that it would fit the 1266 Spider coil BUT, I had to leave the spider coil cover on the coil. In other words, the donut cover was just a little to large for the spider coil, but with the spider coil cover left on the coil it enlarged the dia, enough for the Tesoro cover to fit it perfect.

Now that still leaves one smaller hole in the center, but covers the rest of the coil's holes. Big, brother did you try to fit the whites coil cover both with and without the spider coil cover?

Mark

MarkCZ said:
Well, this is something I've researched for my Coin$trike. So far the best I've came up with for a solid bottom coil cover is a Tesoro 8" donut coil cover that was supposed to fit the 8" Coin$trike coil. Well I found one on ebay, bought it, got it but! it didn't fit it.
But I did find that it would fit the 1266 Spider coil BUT, I had to leave the spider coil cover on the coil. In other words, the donut cover was just a little to large for the spider coil, but with the spider coil cover left on the coil it enlarged the dia, enough for the Tesoro cover to fit it perfect.

Now that still leaves one smaller hole in the center, but covers the rest of the coil's holes. Big, brother did you try to fit the whites coil cover both with and without the spider coil cover?

Mark

I did try to fit over spider coil cover but the the W's cover has 2 steps down and it would only got on about a 1/4" and that left a little to much gap between the bottom of the coil and the new coil cover. With the spider cover off it went down another 1/4" or so. There is still an air gap of about 3/8" between bottom of the coil and solid coil cover.

Ron in WV

I ordered and got a 1212 coil cover and it fits loose over the spider coil cover so it was back to some tape to shim up for a snug fit. The good thing is the 1212 cover is a flat bottom, where the white's cover in the pictures above has a beveled edge that make the coil about 3/8" above the cover, which is space above the ground, not good when we are trying for more deepth.

Lots of good ideas.

Ron in WV

Go to your local dollar store and buy some thin plastic place mats. 12"X17" size works great, set coil on top of one and trace around it, cut out with scissors, silicone glue it to your spider coil cover. I have done this with my Minelab 11" DD pro coil. Works great! NGE

nge said:
Go to your local dollar store and buy some thin plastic place mats. 12"X17" size works great, set coil on top of one and trace around it, cut out with scissors, silicone glue it to your spider coil cover. I have done this with my Minelab 11" DD pro coil. Works great! NGE

NGE,
No pun intended, pretty slick idea just need an extra coil cover so you could change back to open spider for the water.

Ron in WV