Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which One

I agree with you 100%. Don't pick on my post. Notice I didn't say I thought they were obsolete, I asked the poster if he believed it. Some people actually believe SMF obsoletes single frequency because certain manufacturers and Calabash digger say so and I did not post to change his beliefs. If he believed it that would eliminate the X-terra. If he had to have waterproof, that would eliminate the Vanquish.
was not picking on your post and I know you did not say that multi frequency obsoleted single frequency, I just quoted your because of your multi frequency comment, dam dude chill out and quit being so touchy.

Both detectors are good.I would choose the 705 unless using in very highly mineralized dirt or in saltwater (if within budget I would spend a little more for the legend). The vanquish is deep, light, simple and easy to use. The 705 isn't hard to learn/use and has more and some unique features that I really like. It's versatile and just a pleasure to use.

Both detectors are good.I would choose the 705 unless using in very highly mineralized dirt or in saltwater (if within budget I would spend a little more for the legend). The vanquish is deep, light, simple and easy to use. The 705 isn't hard to learn/use and has more and some unique features that I really like. It's versatile and just a pleasure to use.
I do not know what it was about the Xterra 705 but it took me almost two years before I understood the Language of the 705, and then one day I had an Ah Ha moment and the light bulb turned on and I was finally one with the 705, there was times I wanted to wrap it around a tree, once I was able to understand the 705s language it quickly became my favorite detector, I used it for detecting gold and everything up until a couple years ago on some very extreme mineralized ground, had it not been for Randy Horton A.K.A (Digger) had it not been for his book, "understanding your Xterra" I do not know if I would have ever figured out the 705

I agree with you if someone can swing the little extra Dollars for the Legend that is the way I would go, i do not know what it was but the Legend was a cake walk for me when first learning the Legend, the Legend was a much easier learning curve than the Xterra 705 for me, this is just my opinion the Xterra had a pretty steep learning curve but there was more than meets the eye with the 705 that is not in the owners manual.