Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a quartz crystal oscillator- Coinmaster 6000/D Series 2

tank circuit

I donated a couple of detectors for a children's drawing our group is putting together. The group's president wanted to also donate his old metal detector, but he realized it didn't work anymore.
He asked me to try to repair it for him.
I found the oscillator wasn't working, and after I removed it from the circuit board, I could see a section broken loose inside the glass-enclosed oscillator.
I have never seen a crystal oscillator with this form factor. I have not found anyone selling any similar replacement parts.
I hope someone has an old stash of these or can point me in the right direction to restore this relic.

The part has a "GF" on the back and what appears to be a "V294" printed on the front glass.
I don't know if this is supposed to mean it is a 294kHz oscillator.
The specifications say the detector operates at 6.59kHz. I didn't find any correlation between these two frequencies, so I am at a loss.
Hopefully, there is a technician amongst the readers that can help me.
Thanks

Attachments

• Back of crystal.PNG
    Back of crystal.PNG
    451.5 KB · Views: 39
  • loose section in crystal.PNG
    loose section in crystal.PNG
    973.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 294kHz.PNG
    294kHz.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
I found the answer to my question. The frequency of this glass-enclosed oscillator is 26.37 kHz. Someone had posted these schematics.
I see that the operating frequency is 6.5925 kHz (26.37/4).
Does anyone know where I can purchase this oscillator? It would be nice to use the original since the circuitry has been tuned for it.
I have purchased (should be delivered later today) a 32.768 kHz crystal. If it works, the operating frequency will increase to 8.192 kHz (fingers crossed).

Attachments

• 6000 Di Pro CB_sch.gif
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Whites 6000 D series 2 schematic.pdf
    368.1 KB · Views: 43
I found the answer to my question. The frequency of this glass-enclosed oscillator is 26.37 kHz. Someone had posted these schematics.
I see that the operating frequency is 6.5925 kHz (26.37/4).
Does anyone know where I can purchase this oscillator? It would be nice to use the original since the circuitry has been tuned for it.
I have purchased (should be delivered later today) a 32.768 kHz crystal. If it works, the operating frequency will increase to 8.192 kHz (fingers crossed).
Curious to know your results using a higher frequencie. May possibly separate better than original. If everything goes linearly with the higher frequencie.

Curious to know your results using a higher frequencie. May possibly separate better than original. If everything goes linearly with the higher frequencie.
The 8kHz was in the Prizm Line and in the Classic 5 ID made for KellyCO; and I think that wasn't the burner at all.
May be it works with the 6kHz range coils; but if not may be a Prizm coil will do the trick...?!

Anyway, good luck in your repairs, tank circuit.