Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds from my last two hunts

JimmyCT

A few pictures of my last two hunting expeditions. One was a private residence built back in the 1930's - (obtained permission) I thought for sure I had a nice big honkin' piece of gold but upon further inspection it was gold plated :cry: I finally found (not one but two) war nickels with my Sov GT. I also found a nice silver .925 ring.

The other was at my local park. I am really surprised by the merc and buffalo as I "gridded" this very small area pretty well with the 10" tornado. However, it just doesn't have the seperation abilities of the 8" tornado (actual 7 1/4") That is what made the area come alive with quite a bit of clad as well.( not shown)

What I learned: Keep that small coil on and re-hit the areas you think are cleaned out. .Thanks for looking. Thank you Guv for the new forum!

Great hunt with that GT.:beers:

Cool post with some great pics.:thumbup:

Was that Mickey Mouse pocket watch functioning at all?...regardless...very cool!

Lots of great keepers, nothing better than virgin hunting ground, go back and work it again!
Yes it's amazing when you hit a area again with a different approach, we went and just did sidewalk edges in a area we have been over a dozen times and found more silver, I dont think you can ever get it all.

When I opened the watch the face was filled with water :( The homeowner wanted the watch (has sentimental value) Obviously without hesitation I provided the watch to them. I was just happy that I found a new place to hunt...that has never been graced by a detector! So hopefully I can get back there for another hunt or two before Winter kicks in. - Jim

Bryce-IL said:
Was that Mickey Mouse pocket watch functioning at all?...regardless...very cool!

Thank you. Amazing what soil composition can do (ex. dry versus a good soaking rain), coil size, search pattern etc. But this 8" BBS coil really makes a big difference in seperation of close targets. Sidewalk strips are something I really need to focus on. There is this one gentlemen here on findmall that really focuses on these areas and has found some fantastic finds. However, most of the areas in my town for old sidewalks are in very bad sections. Since I hunt alone, it is just not worth the risk. As far as the 1930's private residence, I am definitely going back as I know there is more there - just a matter of finding it! HH - Jim

campnagle said:
Lots of great keepers, nothing better than virgin hunting ground, go back and work it again!
Yes it's amazing when you hit a area again with a different approach, we went and just did sidewalk edges in a area we have been over a dozen times and found more silver, I dont think you can ever get it all.

Here is some history on your claddagh ring if you are not familiar with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claddagh_ring

Thanks Larry! Much appreciated!

The Claddagh ring (Irish: f

Nice loot Earthlypotluck. I haven't found a war nickle in quite awhile. That Mickey watch sure is cool.
Gary

Nice digs ! :clapping:

Found one of those claddagh rings last year ..:cheers:

Congrats on the watch, I just saw the same watch (new) selling for $149.00 on ebay WTG HH

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Nice hunts Jim.:thumbup:

Thanks Dave! Wish you the best in the field - Jim

Very nice, I am amazed of the new treasures I see here daily. Those are great finds,