Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach gives up quadfecta of silver dimes old buckle old marble and a mystery silver possibly Canadian?

Mark kus

The only coin that I dug in a park was the mystery silver coin it’s about the size of a nickel only visible is the obverse of a head. The rest were all from low low tide in the rocks and after the beach sand was pushed back oldies is the seated dime 1877 two barbers 19031911 two mercury dime 1942 192? Rosie’s from 1948-1964
A nice buffalo nickel a musket ball and a old small buckle and a good amount of clad and a sterling saint Christopher
All using my manticore

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 127
Great hunt Mark!! I have no idea what that mystery silver coin is.

Thanks guys been busy so I get out when I can I hit the beach near my home way out towards the mouth of a river and it paid in the rocks there’s a old shipwreck out there 1700’s so I’m hoping more to come.
Anyone who can help on the old worn silver that would be great the old buckle was a surface find in the rocks
Mark

Nice hunting Mark! Congrats on the dime grand slam. It's been a few years since I got one of those.
That left facing pointy head silver coin has me stumped as it doesn't look to be like any old Canadian silver I have ever found. Definitely old and cool though.
You may have to post that on some Numismatic web site or take it to a coin dealer. I am curious to see what that is and how old it is.
Dave

Nice hunting Mark! Congrats on the dime grand slam. It's been a few years since I got one of those.
That left facing pointy head silver coin has me stumped as it doesn't look to be like any old Canadian silver I have ever found. Definitely old and cool though.
You may have to post that on some Numismatic web site or take it to a coin dealer. I am curious to see what that is and how old it is.
Dave
Thanks Dave yes it has me stumped it was found in Groton Ct a park that’s not too old but the area is a friend who’s does archaeological digs for the Mohegan tribe said it may be Italian Italian?? Wish a date was visible was visible lol
Mark

Nice haul Mark! The a Manti is killing it. I have one coming on Monday.
Ray
thanks yes its a good detector in the rocky areas at the beach where a lot of iron is present I crank up the recovery to 7
Mark

The only coin that I dug in a park was the mystery silver coin it’s about the size of a nickel only visible is the obverse of a head. The rest were all from low low tide in the rocks and after the beach sand was pushed back oldies is the seated dime 1877 two barbers 19031911 two mercury dime 1942 192? Rosie’s from 1948-1964
A nice buffalo nickel a musket ball and a old small buckle and a good amount of clad and a sterling saint Christopher
All using my manticore
I went beach hunting in Emarald Isle NC last week. Only my 2nd attempt at beach hunting. Didn’t have much success. I’m guessing my settings werernt right even though it was a pre loaded program for beach and jewelry. I usually hunt in dirt with a lot more success. It really was disappointing..

I went beach hunting in Emarald Isle NC last week. Only my 2nd attempt at beach hunting. Didn’t have much success. I’m guessing my settings werernt right even though it was a pre loaded program for beach and jewelry. I usually hunt in dirt with a lot more success. It really was disappointing..
Use beach general first one I hunt no discrimination I have a video why shows a nickel pretty much no signal on surface in red black sand went last night all in rocky area did well first time out on river in new skiff

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpeg
    IMG_2919.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2918.jpeg
    IMG_2918.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
All using my manticore
Nice haul! That mystery coin is a Netherlands 25 cent coin from 1848 or 1849. It's 64% silver so it held up well in the water. Take care,
Mike.