Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Zinc Penny Question... How bad can a zinc penny be before it can be rolled and is there a place that will take the blemish coins? It is a shame to ju

Danny! Everyone probably does it differently. My scheme works for me. Go to your bank (mine is WFargo), take some samples and talk it out. We all get a mix of "the good..the bad...and the ugly"! They gave me US depository bag for the "ugly" (no cost), and told me to put $50 of "ugly" pennies in same and return for credit. I have about $32 in bag in past 3 yrs. Piles from left to right are "good" ,pickouts or tumbled, center is "bads" and right are "uglys" (pile in rear awaiting tumbling). I mix about 40% of bads with goods and roll and return, no questions asked. Other denoms I do the same. Just finishing up about five #'s from recent Hawaiian trip. I also cull out all early 82's back to wheatties for my scrap copper pile which is worth more than face value by about 18% now. Extra incentive for digging known pennies. Good Luck!

Danny

I had them refused with a little bit of corrosion. You can load them up in a truck...haul them up to Washington DC mint...wait 4 to 6 hours, turn coins in wait 4 to 6 week for a check or package them up UPS them to the mint wait 8 to 12 week for a check. By the by they weigh the pennies not count them so you could get 10 to 15 dollars less.

OR YOU CAN BRING THEM DOWN HERE AND THROW THEM IN MY ROAD. :spin

Heres what I do. Some of the local grocery stores have vending type machines were you dump in your coins and the machine sorts them, counts the monetary value and issues a voucher that you can take up to the cashier for your cash. The machine discounts ten percent. The ones that get rejected I spend here and there.
Good luck.

I take mine to my credit union and they pay me penny for penny what they are worth. They in turn send them to the mint. I thought all banks did that.

I just wrap them up and put them in the middle of roll. They dont open the rolls to check the pennies. Good Luck!!

HI FOLKS; JUST A FOOTNOTE. REMEMBER TO CHECK FOR THE MINT ERRORS AS FOLLOWS:

1972 LINCOLN: DOUBLE ALL ON FRONT: VALUE $425.00

1983 LINCOLN: DOUBLE ALL ON BACK: VALUE $290.00

1984 LINCOLN: DOUBLED EAR: VALUE $180.00

1995 LINCOLN: DOUBLED WORD "LIBERTY" ON FRONT: VALUE $40.00

ALSO:

2004 "FRIENDSHIP" NICKEL: WITH THE HANDS ON BACK: DOUBLE LETTERING ON FRONT: VALUE $230.00
ITS A NEW ERROR. SO KEEP ON CHECKING THEM. PEACE:RONB
:nerd:yo