Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Your opinion: 2nd detector

LuckySteve

So I'm an AT Pro user but I want another detector for when someone else comes along and I don't want to lose precious digging time ;) . I was thinking about the Garrett Ace 250. What do you guys think? Will it be a decent detector? I'm seeing myself paying about 150-160 on eBay or something. Let me know please :)

I picked up an ATP and my dad liked it so much, i couldn't let him keep using my cdc so we ordered an ace 250 for him to use. from all the research i did its a good detector for the money and we did the ace250 pack.

Thanks, I ordered one today as well as another propointer, so next time my fiancee wants to go I don't have to just dig :)

I would recommend an ACE 250 or 350 without hesitation.

I had my ACE 250 since about 2004 and was quite happy until my wife and grand kids got interested in the hobby and started cutting into "my" swing time. That was enough justification for a second detector so I chose the AT-Pro. It was an excellent move and keeping the ACE is a nice second detector for another person wanting to join in the hunt. The ACE also sits (quite often) in the trunk of the car with the sniper coil on it and still gets used by me for the real trashy areas.

But... hey "lucky steve",,,, you better get a digging tool for your fiancee if you want to get out of the digging. Take it from me, having the second detector only solves part of the problem. I find that everyone loves detecting but the excitement really dwindles when they realize they actually might have to dig for themselves. LOL

Have the Pro also but to me that is my back up to the Freedom 3 Plus. Lots of great machines outthere at a reasonable price. Good luck with whateveer you choose. Best of the season.