Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You won't believe what I just heard on a local radio station.....

Dan-MO

A song I wrote! I have written many poems,short storeys etc and willingly given permission to anyone who wanted to use them for non commercial uses.I have never tried to sell anything or get anything published or even tried to get any copyright protection on anything I ever wrote.I write for any pleasure or peace my mostly crude attempts might bring to my friends or anyone else who might like it

My father is my biggest "promoter" and is always wanting a copy of the latest things I have written and he shares them with many- including the hospice and nursing home patients he sees regularly on a volunteer basis-he spends much of his time doing volunteer work since my mother passed away.I have also did some writing at the request of a few local ministers to be read at church services and funeral services.

My father and both my brothers are gifted musicians -all with the gift of a great singing voice or the ability to play musical instruments -in my fathers case both.Somehow the gift missed me as I sometimes have a tough time playing a radio - and when I try to sing-I make the dog howl!

My father and a couple of other musicians play and sing 3 or 4 days a week (Country Gospel) at local nursing homes,and Church's and I must say they are very good.One member of his small group used to make a good living writing country songs for some of the big names in Nashville...he even recorded a couple of albums of his own several years ago. He read a small poem I had written a couple of months ago and approached me about adding some lyrics and music to it and making a song out of it.He still has a few contacts in Nashville and thought he might be able to get someone to record it - with us both as co-writers.I agreed and he did some work on it but we are still waiting for a response.

This kindled my interest in song writing and I began to attempt to write a song. I finally came up with a couple of decent ones that I gave to dad-his group added the music and began to sing them at their singings - to my surprise and utter shock they were well received. One day a member of a popular local gospel group heard one of them and asked permission to include it on a disc they were making....I didn't care and gave my permission.

I got a call from a friend today who told me he heard it on a local radio station....with my name being mentioned as the writer! I seldom listen to any radio-but I tuned in the station and listened most of the day,,,,about an hour ago I heard it! I must say that they sang it much better than I wrote it!

It

We have always known you have a gift and you have shown it many times on this forum:thumbup:

This one is one of your finest!

People don't realize it but I am a budding poet my own self. I have been working on one for about four years but am sorta stuck right now.

"Look at the Purty Burdy"

That is the first line but I have had writers block since 2004:razz: Good start though :D

someone has it in an audio file that can be shared with us. Would love to hear it. :super:

...but we all know you have been gifted with a sweet, sensitive heart and the ability to express it to the world. I love it when I see deserving people rewarded for their diligence!

And we heard it FIRST, right here on Royals 20th Century Tales Forum. :bouncy:

Praise God and congrats to you, friend Dan. This starts my week-end off j u s t right!

aj

PS Could I bother you for a signed 8X10 glossy? :biggrin:

I recorded a song or two that I wrote. I even have the record [remember those??? :) ] around somewhere ... or Alice does anyway.

But this was back in the '60s .. era of the Beatles, etc. And My writing was nowhere near as good as yours.

Well done.

Calm seas

Mikie

If I ever win the song writer of the year award......I will make sure I mention my humble roots....:blush::rofl::rofl::rofl:

{By the way,that first line you wrote has some REAL potential!......Mind if I borrow it? :lol::lol::lol:}

know everyone here would love to hear it. Maybe your Dad OR the radio station would send you a copy or give you a place where we can go to download and listen. You are an exceptional person Dan, and it shows thru your poetry (and now lyrics)! Congrats dear friend! :)

To get a disc.I think I can get one with no problem - but it will have many songs on it besides the one I wrote.The radio station that is playing it is a small local station thats range doesn't extend over 25-30 miles.The group that recorded it is a popular-but local group.After I get the disc maybe I can get my youngest brother- who is a computer guru- to show me how to isolate the song and get it on some type of audio file-if so I will be glad to share it with anyone who wants to hear it. It sounds pretty good with the music.

to sell it, let me know. I like good gospel music. As a matter of fact, we just bought Country Worship by various well known country artists. I bet the local group singing this will be good! :)