Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You NEVER Know

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Another week past and another fair amount of detecting done.

Monday visited a park with a fair amount of clad and a couple wheats.
Tuesday a small lot of clad.
Wednesday a short amount of time at the park and a reconversation with a new friend that lives in the same neighborhood.
Thursday visited another park thats old and known to have old coins...in several visits have yet to find a wheat. However this time managed to locate a vein of clad. It was very fun. Maybe 5 dollars change in a very small area and on top...Almost comical.

Friday was a learning experience. Permission was granted to detect a small lot which had a house built in early 1940's. The house was demolished and the lot lightly grated. In the past have had very little success in hunting these types of areas. There is always a massive amount of metal debris from the house strewn all about and at all depths. It makes detecting very difficult. You better have patience and not be afraid of digging one piece of junk after another after another. Headphones are a must in this enviroment as there are so many signals to dissect. One benefit, the ground is usually softer and less effort has to be taken digging.
With about an hour to detect and 45 minutes down all that was recovered was a new clad penny up front next to sidewalk....a piece of brass, multiple cans, pieces of aluminum and various other trash. Worked my way towards the back of the lot and got an interesting signal which turned out to be my first sewing thimble.(it says "Drink Southern Blend Coffee") Looking on the ground in the same area a few plastic buttons are noticed...A possible spot to hit hard and so anything the Garrett ding'd got dug...A few minutes later a very strong can sound got my attention. Sized D to E. Digging commenced and out popped two black coins...(wheats went through my mind no doubt). Usually with multiple coin spills it takes more than two coins to give the D to E sizing. Was having a hard time pinpointing and used the Pro Pointer to sift another wheat. With that my thought turned to the hope of a piece of silver hiding in this hole....Fortunately a little more sifting produced a 1945 merc and then one last wheat...5 old coins, my first old coin spill with a piece of silver. The wheats are 44' 45' 46' 50'. The hole also had about 20+ nails of various sorts throughout...very exciting!

Saturday was supposed to visit some buddies in a nearby city, but my other new MD'er friends gave me a call the night before and told of an old forgotten ball field where a couple of wheats had been found on a scouting excursion. Surely time could be made to detect before the drive to the friends'. Managed to find a 1954 20 centavos coin...the oldest coin found that morning.

Sunday morning woke up at my buddies' new place a bit hungover, nothing a couple of really good tacos couldn't cure. They mentioned an older school which happened to be right across the street. How convenient. Upon getting there it was quickly realized that not much of the original playground was left...It hald almost all been turned into a cement scaped tot/dog park. After about an hour nothing and then a (one way swing 6''or 7'') wheat next to the long side fence. A few minutes later another wheat and then an area realized to have potential. After hitting the long fence side really hard there were 4 wheats in the poke but no silver. An image of a silver rosie materialized in my mind. Most of the coins were found on the end entrance to the building and the front and back were separated by a short fence. Took a break, almost ventured in a new direction and realized the direction to take was already known....made it to the front on the other side of the short fence...By this time it was gettin hot and the power of the tacos was waning...With fatigue setting in and the sun heating up time was running out....Then with a few passes left in the tank another wheat then out pops a 1952 Washington....Way cool! only quarter on the day and its a good'un. What a finale for the week!.....you just never know whats going to come out of the ground next....................Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!
[attachment 137089 004.JPG] [attachment 137091 013.JPG] [attachment 137090 009.JPG]

Wow looks like you had a great week out tectin! I love those mercs and silver quarters! Very nice haul there bud. Looks like you got a marble to boot!:garrett:

Man, that's really looking good. Nice pics.
Ever think of getting a helper just to carry that loot ?
WTG, if those pictures don't get you going nothing will.
You never know...but you certainly can find out.
Good hunting to you ! Gene

Great stuff. I think if you and I hunted side by side we would have very similar results and the posts we made afterward would be very similar too. Was that old centavo silver?

Keep up the great work. What are you doing with your clad finds?

Chris

Lots of knee bends for all that clad . Congrats !

Hey Monkoo8...what a great week. Great to see all the coins as well. Jim

Thank You,
Glad Everyone enjoys the post.
Have definately been inspired lately.
With Willie's bonanza, John's ring run, Chris's awesome coin(s) fInd, and everyone else's loot pics......
Its hard to not be a compulsive detecorist at the moment...Lots of fun being had all around by the Garrett crowd!

doubt the centavo has silver.
the clad is going into a couple buckets.
days are getting shorter and evening loot getting less.

Awesome!:clapping:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:Man, you and Chris need to leave some of those older coins in the ground for the rest of us!:biggrin: Just kidding:crazy:Well done!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)