Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You might enjoy this one guys.

n/t

Did you know that as a general rule, you can not hear an owl fly...they are quiet. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

behind the wheel look like 10 year old's that stole a car to me. Even the cops look like kids to me now. This older than dirt stuff is not all its cracked up to be, at least not when its me....

The only advantage is our smug knowledge that they won't listen and will make the same mistakes we did, take that kid!:rofl:

Burrowing Owls on the Prairies, cute little things would be sitting on or in a Prairie Dog hole, they are tiny, the size of your hand and cute as a button, we were told never to harm them! Now they are scarce in most areas unfortunately.
You just reminded me of a story about Owls and i will put it up when i have time.

Great Owl Stories,

I have a friend that was enjoying a beautiful evening on the Connecticut shore, feet up, beer in hand, quiet conversation with his lady, looking at the stars as he relishes the cool breeze off Long Island Sound. He got the shock of his life when a very large owl landed on his head sinking it's talons into his scalp!!!! (It was expecting a nice quiet perch, not attacking my friend, because in his shock my friend didn't move for a moment and niether did the owl), well--------------------after he knocked the bird off his head he decided to enjoy the rest of the evening in-doors!!! (He has the scars to prove it too!!)

Another friend in Texas years ago was using a varmint call that sounded like a wounded rabbit to call in coyotes after dark. He would switch on a head light from time to time to look for eyes shining and he would dispatch the critter for the bounty money paid by the local ranchers. An owl took the cap off his head and put the fear of God in his heart!!! He did all his night time calling from his pickup after that with the window rolled up far enough that no pesky critter could get in!!!

True stories friends,

Cupajo

n/t