Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You know us Canucks... we always have to be the centre of attention; :rofl:

Micheal_R

Staff member
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2009/08/13/squirrel-banff-photo-brandts-geographic.html

This is a once in a lifetime shot!!

Fair winds

Micheal

If it ever got out of it's cage and left alone....look out!
They are kinda cute for a long-talied fuzzy rodent.

n/t

raise hell with crops, leaving dangerous holes for livestock. They have entertained generations of prairie boys who slaughtered them for the bounty and just plain fun:devil: Those boys did not turn out be mass murderers of humans or beaters of wives and kids either as many lately seem to think would happen.
I and my cousins would spend endless hours hooking up the horse to the stoneboat, putting a couple 55 gal drums aboard then going to the nearest slough and filling the drums with water. Then off to the "gopher field". One would pour water down their holes while the others waited with every weapon at our disposal to hopefully collect the 1 cent bounty proven by removing their tails. Yes there was a rumor that they could grow a new tail and for a while we practiced catch and release....minus the tail! The men just laughed by the wimmin and girls put a stop to that plan:biggrin:

For many years I opened cottages in the spring for the "season" here on the Ct. shore and closed them again in the fall.

Several times in those years I opened a cottage to find that a squirrel (tree variety--first cousin to the ground/rock squirrels) had somehow gotten in and trashed the inside of the building trying to get out again!

They would shred window blinds and curtains and the window frame wood work in an effort to get back to the outside they could see, but couldn't reach!

Sometimes they would manage to find a way out and sometimes the carcass would be there when I opened the place in the spring!

Raccoons sometimes get in too (Often down the chimney) and are many times worse in their destructive ability and they both leave a mess one doesn't soon forget!

I helped a customer get a squirrel out of his cellar once and let me tell you those little devils are hell on wheels when cornered !!!!!!!!!

CJ

We never had a bounty on squirrels or gophers in Texas. However, we did, at one time, have a bounty on both coyotes & hawks. For a coyote you had to bring in a 'scalp'--both ears attached. That was 50

n/t