Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You gotta love this!

Heeluver

Hi all: Ive been detecting for a number of years now and this story is a classic. First off I usually always ask permission and fill and cover all my holes. The town that I work in is like 32 miles from my home. I worked July 2nd from 4 am till noon and after work I decided to head over to 4th street in town and check out the progress on the construction, after research it was one of the first streets to be built in town and had not been tore up in many years. I do alot of road construction metal detecting and have found many old coins doing this. Ive had many crews get out of their digging equipment and come to check out my finds and Im very aware that they all have jobs to do and I stay clear so as to not get in their way and respect the job they all do. 99% of all crews are very nice and polite people . I arrived at fourth street and dicovered that they were tearing up blactop with a backhoe away from the other guys working a block away. I asked the equipment operator about detecting and he said be careful cause of liability reasons and I told him id stay clear of his running machine. After a couple of hours I had 3 Indian heads fom the 1800's and two real nice buttons i had found. I noticed a construction guy approching me from a block away in his front end loader. He stopped and got out and said you have to get out of here this is a construction zone. I told him ok id leave and come back after they were done for the day. I asked the first guy I talked to what time they were done and he said 5 oclock. So I headed for my car and decided since it was 3 pm to wait till 5 rather than to drive home and come back since I live 32 miles away. I went and sat in my car for like 15 minutes when the guy that told me to leave approched my car and told me youll have to move your car its in the way and I looked around and other cars were parked on the same street I was on he said besides your not from here anyway. I said to him how do you know Im not from here? He said park your car a couple blocks away and while your at it keep on driving and if I catch you here again I'm going to call the police.I told him he was being rude to me. I decided to park like 3 blocks down and abserve the workers and at 5pm since i was finding old things to wait till 5 when they were done working. At 5pm all the workers left since this was a holiday weekend and this guy was the only one left and I watched as her drove the 3 blocks to see if my car was still there in his front end loader. I decided to wait till all equipment had stopped moving before Id go back to metal detecting and I've learned from the past being around construction workers that if only one piece of equipment is moving its still a work area and if you enter during that time after being told to leave you could be fined. I waited and watched and this worker decided to be the king of all construction workers. He not only covered all the black dirt that was left he ran every piece of equipment that was there because he was aware I was a couple blocks away. He made sure every inch of dug dirt was covered with new dirt so I wouldnt find anything and after waiting him out till 7 pm equipment had halted so I grabbed my detector and started heading toward work area. I saw him standing on side walk watching me approch and as i got to where I left off he jumped in another piece of equipment and fired it up. I decided to say to heck with it im going home but I did accompish one thing, I was aware it was a holiday weekend but i decided the 2 hours i waited was well worth it as his holiday weekend was much shorter for this king of construction guys. Hope you all enjoyed this and if you see the construction king give him my reguards. Hope you enjoyed this and yes I will still continue to have fun detecting.

Magz