Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You get what you pay for......

Donna(NJ

In 20 years of hunting the beach I never had a failure like this. I was swinging along just fine and plop, the coil falls to the sand, ears snapped off !!!! Just like that. Crap and no backup coil !!!!
That coil didnt last long, just over a year. I see from a search Im not the only lucky person.
Thank goodness, I registered the machine ASAP when I bought it. But, has Minelab, upgraded the ears !!!!
I wonder if this is going to be a yearly occurrence ???? Maybe someone working on some after market coils ???
I certainly dont have much faith is this coil. Still under warranty but still have to pay postage to return it.
Poor workmanship and we still have to pay the price for shipping.

Time to get out my old machine as Im going to be out of commission for at least 2 weeks !!!
Maybe my old Sovereign will find me some gold. Nox hasnt seen a piece since last year.

Very disappointed. They always say, dont buy a new model car the first year !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

My cuff went as did the ears on my coil. Lot of pressure on those thin ears. Add I’m my case salt water a lot of salt water and some may not realize it but they lean on their coils when digging. Not sure we won’t see more of this

Mine snapped in freezing conditions, if they're snapping in warm weather this is even more worrying. I'm still using my broken coil and it broke about a year ago, i cable tied mine hoping for a updated coil before i send it back.
It has been about a year and the cable ties haven't broke.

Well HELLO....you do know ya got a warranty and you will likely get it back in a week?

Hello said:
Mine snapped in freezing conditions, if they're snapping in warm weather this is even more worrying. I'm still using my broken coil and it broke about a year ago, i cable tied mine hoping for a updated coil before i send it back.
It has been about a year and the cable ties haven't broke.[/quote}
Hello I agree with Dew best get it warranted, To the best of my knowledge there is no talk of an update. Just make sure the teardrop washers are installed correctly and don't over tighten. JMO
Jeff

When it first snapped i couldn't get a coil as there was a big waiting list for the NOX so it would of taken a while to get one. That's when i decided on this idea as a temporary solution but as i have not had any problems i've left it, i will send it back at some point.
I will have to try the whole detectors water integrity by sticking it under water for 5 minutes before the warranty runs out.
HH from a Geoff to a Jeff:)

Hello, what a great idea you have there. I'll put some of those into my detector bag just in case one breaks.

Thanks
Tony NJ

I had the same problem with my Xterra 70, had 2 coils that the ears broke, only 1 was under warranty. It must be the material that they are using. I never had a problem with my Sovereign or my Quattro. Also, never had any break with the other brands that I have.

Try this.
Call ML tell them what happend & maybe send them pictures E-mail. Ask if they would just send you one.
If not see if you can just send the coil & save some time & $$ packing up the whole thing.
We often did this with parts, even gave away some non warranty stuff in the name of customer satisfaction.
Of course be nice, honey catches flys not vinegar. AND a phone call makes it personal, E-mail is cold
& easier for them to say sorry.

HH
Tom
LFOD !

Now just a waiting game til I get the new one, back. Will also add the nylon washers as instructed. Some how I missed that
helpful hint :)

Just be careful swinging that coil in the woods !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)