Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You folks might be getting tired of this but it just keeps getting better

Royal

Mary just took these shots a few minutes ago. I figure Thanksgiving dinner ought to be a sure thing, if I were to want to bag them, which I don't :D

Notice the deer in the background on a few of them. See the turkey getting pizzed at the deer in that one?:clap: Mary just yelled down as I am posting this and said there are six deer now and at least a dozen turkey. We had been shopping and when we drove in the drive the turkey were across the street in a neighbors yard. They saw us drive down the drive and came a running through the woods. I hope I have not created a monster. I saw at least a hundred and twenty one day about a mile away in the winter :D I sure the heck don't want that gang hanging around this winter

[attachment 109857 IMG_8396_1Medium.JPG]
[attachment 109858 IMG_8398Medium.jpg]
[attachment 109859 IMG_8399Medium.jpg]
[attachment 109860 IMG_8402Medium.jpg]
[attachment 109861 IMG_8404Medium.jpg]
[attachment 109862 IMG_8406Medium.jpg]

garden box! If your gonna feed them anyway, might as well have the free fertilizer:biggrin:
Have you thought about a "pay to hunt" business? you could pick up a couple hundred bucks a day for providing coffee to bowhunters on your deck:devil:

I had to wait until almost dark when the turkey went to roost, right out back, before I could throw out some corn for the deer. Those dang birds are like vacuums.

Then the deer will eat on the edge of the feed circle...evenually the deer and the turkeys will mingle among themselves. Later you may get a few raccoons joining the group....maybe a feral hog or two too! Word travels fast in the animal world and it will not be long before all types of different animals will show up for the free meal. If a bear shows up, don't forget to take a picture. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Your more like the lunch wagon. Neat to have them all around for sure. 100 or so turkeys around will keep you broke in feed. Here they clean up the acorns so well, that the deer are getting short changed. The state game wardens have mentioned it a few times that its a problem we will have to deal with at some point. Right now turkey season here is only 2 weeks in the fall and 2 in the summer. Land owner can take them for 2 months each season. They are considering extending it for all to bring the population down. They are like giant rakes out in the woods here. Leaves are turned over to dirt as they get those acorns and beach nuts.

Just fill that new flower pot up and that will hold them for a month.....

Geo-CT

I believe it should be mandatory that Royal at least clothe those pore hongry birds, rather than let them freeze in their thin coat of feathers! As a public service, I'm enclosing a picture illustrating how Stage One of this important new project would appear. Now -- isn't that better? Our Forum leader could then bask in the kindly light of his newfound social awareness. In fact, he may eventually be called to Washington to head the new DHNFFC -- the Department of Homeless, Neglected Furry and Feathered Creatures. I'll put in a good word for him, and If that happy event comes to pass, it should give us all a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

Me? I gotto go in backyard and make sure the squirrels are still gorging on our unpicked Butternut squash! They apparently need it worse than we do.

-- Ol' Frank

n/t

they are pretty skiddish. Nobody messes with them here but state land is a quarter mile away