Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You can tell a warm, summer weekend is just around the bend here in Langley.......................

WillyP

We have quite as few of these for a small community. Not hard to look at. :thumbup:

[attachment 96368 hotrods.jpg]

I saw a add in the Provence,a corvette for 4800,for fun checked the email,was a New York address,what a scam.They would even ship it up here and do all the paperwork through yahoo.

They are out here now also for the car shows all around the local area. Sure are some nice cars stuff back in those garages.

George-CT

n/t

Fuel crunch or no fuel crunch, I'd really like to own one! Back in the '50's it seemed like every high school kid had one. Trouble was, I was too young to work and much too young to drive...but NOT too young to dream.

Now, I'm on the cusp of retirement, not (quite) too old to drive :lol: and NEVER too old to dream. They sure are special cars.

aj

Have to hang and vent the island kitchen hood (steep roof, not crazy about this one). Right now we are doing a complete make over of our suite. Looks like Grandma is going to be selling her house and joining us. Great lady. Looking forward to it. I figure another couple of weeks (evenings and weekends) and we'll have her beat. How have you been, Rob? Sounds like your as busy as Carol, me, Mike and Alice.

That's the only fall down. Like you, with retirement in view, I would hate to tie up that kind of money in ANY car. Travel has become my hot button. (that and getting a place in the Bahamas befoe MIkie:biggrin:)

Replacing about twenty deck boards for starters (2 x 6). Half over 12 feet long with about 20 to 28 spiral nails in them. What a pain in the azz that is yanking them out. Then re-stain, of course. Replacing the guts in the upstairs toiley. Might as well re-caulk the whole bathroom while I'm at it. Last couple of monthly water bills were about $110.00.......only one kid here right now to boot. Had the garage doors replaced so there's some capping to do around them as well. Repair dining room ceiling etc. Throw in lot's of 12 to 14 hour days at work the last few months. I could keep going on Willy........geez man.....I'm sure tired of this stuff but who isn't ? Lack of time frustrates me more than anything else. A couple of more years at this house and then I think I'm going to find something smaller. My daughter in Jasper is sure raving about the beauty out your way. Looks like that one is going to be a traveler..... can't really blame her for that. Kinda like the idea of Grandma moving in with you guys .......particularly when they're good company. I'm bettin' that scenario works out great for her and for you and Carol. How's your son doing ? Haven't forgot about him. :)

He, of course is not rid of the arthritis but the good news is, he doesn't need that @&%$## damn insurance company anymore. It turns out that BC medical will now cover his very expensive medication so he can finally go looking for a job and still be basically pain free. It's been a very rough couple of years on that boy (and his old man). All good news. Carol has recovered from a very serious kidney infection and is helping me with this remodeling job. She's actually painting as we speak. There's no price you can put on a good woman! How is your wife doing after her operation?
[attachment 96482 Carolsanding.jpg]
I'm glad to hear you are having as much fun as me these days. Well, it's not forever, Buddy. I like your idea of down-sizing. :thumbup:

Still a couple of minor tweaks to go, if she opts to do them but other than that, she's doing well. She'll be in line for ultrasounds and mammograms every six months for a while but the oncologist in Toronto last told us she'd have to be very unlucky for her cancer to reappear. That was pretty reassuring, needless to say. Things here have pretty well gotten back to normal in that respect. I sure hear ya in regards to the emotional burden of your son's infirmity Willy. There's nothing more difficult than having a loved one going through these types of things, especially our kids. It's a huge relief to hear that he'll at least be relieved of the pain that can come with it. That's something to build on. Carol as well with her kidney ? Geezuz man, you've sure had a plate full ! At the end of the day Willy, if we can take away from these things the realization to live our lives a day at a time and be grateful for each day that we're given, then the way I see it, we're ahead of the game. Gotta love a woman that gets her hands dirty on a project huh ? Reminds me of Grace when we're doing something around here. Just wish she'd quit finding new ones. :cheers: Hope we can detect together one day ! :thumbup:

n/t

n/t