Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday's short hunt

Ted S

I went out yesterday for about two hours in the miserable humidity. I went to the old house that I found the 1866 two cent piece. Good thing as it is coming down today! I didn't find anything earth shattering but here are some results and some testing that I would like to share. I was only about 100 ft. or less from a large manufacturing plant and in Park 1 the emi was horrible! I went to my favorite field 2 setting on my Equinox 600 and was able to run 21-23 sensitivity. I did find a beat up and bent 1906 Indian head cent that we missed earlier along with a couple of wheaties and the usual clad coins. Nothing picture worthy. Now here's a good one! I hit a target along the sidewalk and it was reading 12 on the screen. I pretty much knew it was going to be a nickle. I dug a plug and the TRX went off in the hole and the first thing to come out was a children's jack. Remember stepping on those in the house? Ouch!! So I probed the hole again and a nickle comes out..It was a 1950s Jefferson. Once more I stuck the trusty TRX into the hole and it still sounded off! Laying off to the side in the hole was a 1919 wheat cent! So always double and triple check those holes! I don't know how the screen read 12 with those other items in the ground. I ran a north-south direction on the property as before I ran an east-west direction. We received 4.5 inches of rain here so I will be back out in a day or two. Good luck and HH! Ted

What an odd multiple. Nice job on the recheck(s). Maybe we finally have a story of the more desirable target masking the lesser!

Great remarks about rechecking the hole… sometimes in our excitement over a great find, we forget to do it.
Let me know where these spots are and I’ll check for you buddy 🤭