Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday's finds

PAshooter

2.5 hours at a LARGE baseball/softball field/skatepark/deck hockey/outdoor pool complex in a neighboring town: Less pull-tabs than I expected, oldest coin was a 1963 Canadian penny...still no silver yet...
[attachment 92759 DSC00015.JPG]

When I got home, I hit the side yard for half an hour. Bottom-right is a pressed penny that reads "Shamu" (I assume it's from Sea-World), unsure what the weird brass piece is above that (shaped kinda like a putter head) - it bears no markings, no screw holes, no signs of a handle of any sort...the big lump of iron at the top is (another) old railroad spike, right of that is an unidentifiable softball-sized lump of iron. I may hit it with the hammer and see what I can see.
[attachment 92760 DSC00016.JPG]

I remember Shamu!
How fun!
I would be happy with a pressed Shamu Sea world Penny.
Of course I collect weird stuff anyway.

Great Job PAshooter!

Yeah, my kids collect the pressed pennies they've made whenever they can find one of those machines...it would be cool if this particular sea-world one was no longer being made or something.

No one has any ideas on the square-edged brass piece above the pressed penny? I might take some better pics of it.

Yup, that's the one I've been to tons of times in my youth. I thought that was the one-and-only? :shrug: ahh, the memories :)

PAshooter said:
Yup, that's the one I've been to tons of times in my youth. I thought that was the one-and-only? :shrug: ahh, the memories :)

It's not there anymore is it?

Hmm, dunno - I do remember Geauga Lake amusement park being just across the lake from it. I wonder what is there now? A nice vacant, graded off (but not filled) lot would be nice to hit up with the MD eh :)

Which reminds me, they have demolished 3 buildings here right downtown recently - I should have gotten in there before they brought in the sand-fill. There is still a corner where they have just scraped off the top 6" into a pile, problem is it's dark there by the time they leave everynight. I spoke to the foreman, he basically said come back when he's gone and he'll be none the wiser. I did notice today they have now removed the sidewalk, but put in like 3 inches of gravel on top. I may still hit it, we'll see.

True - I'm going there sunday for the Sea Wolves game too... :lightbulb:

(hot damn!)..if it wasn;t for bad luck,you would have no luck at all!..jeeez!..tough day!

(h.h!)
j.t.