Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yes ! My MXT has arrived :-) !

MichaelB

Yesterday afternoon, much sooner than reasonably expected, my MXT was quietly deposited through my open kitchen door while I was watching a dvd. Talk about a UPS "stealth run", I couldn't imagine what I was seeing when I wandered out to the fridge to root for a beer - it is almost impossible to approach my home without the fanfare of the dog-alarm going off... but there it was.

In short order I had it assembled and outside for a test drive. Now, while I'm very new to modern detectors, I had no trouble at all with putting it to use. A month ago I had downloaded the owner's manual from White's site and have read it over repeatedly, so I wasn't completely in the dark when I finally got to turn it on. Within 20 minutes I had excavated 6 targets - nothing remarkable, just two pennies (at over 6") and 4 nails, but all were exactly what and where the MXT claimed them to be. I'm suitably impressed.

Today the plan is to dig an 8" hole and put the removed dirt into a ratty old pillowcase (or two - for depth variance) that should have been deep sixed long ago, and use it as "test hole" for some various pieces of jewelry and change. You know... ziplock the items, plunk them into the hole, drop in the dirt-filled pillowcases and detect away....

In any case, I just had to post about my approval of this machine. If someone like me, who hasn't used anything but a Radio Shack toy (in over 20 years) can pick this up and competently use it then White's is definitely doing something right. To say that I'm anxious to get myself and the MXT to an old homesite would be a gross understatement !!

Many, many thanks to Richardntn of "Backwoods Detectors" for such a great transaction ! Without a doubt I'll do business with them again !!

Michael

I'll be ordering the coil today (yee-haw)... and in 6-8 weeks, White's should have it here. That should be about enough time to get proficient with the MXT AND stake out and research some places to take it :)...

Michael B.

MichaelB my story is nearly identical to yours. I had a Radio Shack metal detector in the mid 80's. It really wasn't of much use. Have been researching metal detectors for months and decided on the MXT. Message boards like this one are such an asset for people who want to do some lurking/research. For myself I've found that most of the questions have already been asked and all I needed to do was read the answers. I too downloaded the manual several weeks before I bought. In fact I downloaded and printed everything I could find. I was very impressed with the endless list of raving customer service reports regarding Whites. That is truly what sealed the deal for me. It made convincing the wife that much easier too.

MichaelB the 6 to 8 weeks will probably be 1 to 2 weeks in Whites time. I got my MXT about two and a half weeks ago. I sent in the customer shopper order form with my $150 order. It took just over a week for my free stuff to arrive from the factory. I was absolutely floored. Oh ya I also live in Canada. I could not believe how fast it came. It actually came the same day a forgotten coil cover did from the original dealer order. But that's another other story.

The wife and I have been having alot of fun with our MXT the last couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone here for all the info and help you gave me even though you didn't know it.

Cheers,

I have to agree with you in regard to the informational quality of the board; actually ALL of the boards here. While I waited to accumulate the necessary funds for the MXT, I read here daily and I'm sure it helped cut back on my having to ask a deluge of beginner questions. Many of the things I've picked up here were answers to questions that I hadn't even been aware might need asking in the first place (if that makes sense....lol).

It was great to feel "semi-comfortable" with the machine the moment I turned it on for the first time :)....

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to doing my share of "looking at the pictures" though - I love to see the find's that people post pics of. I hope to be contributing to that list soon too.

Michael