Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yellow Jacket Mine Coordinates

jkasta

31 degrees 29' 53.94" N, 111 degrees 18' 54.44" W 5.5 miles (as the crow flies) SSE of Arivaca, AZ. Good hunting.

More info:

A Au-Ag-Cu mine located near Ruby in the West-central sec. 22, T.22S., R.10E. Owned at times, or in part, by the Yellow Jacket Mines Co.; Kelso; Reay & Setka; and the North Star Mines, Inc.

Mineralization is a lensing quartz vein, approximately 3 feet (1 meter) wide, along a major fault zone containing disseminated pyrite and sparse base metal sulfides, largely oxidized with supergene enrichment of gold and silver. The wall rock is Jurassic welded tuff cut by rhyolite dikes.

Workings include a shaft to 120 deep plus over 400 feet of drifts and tunnels (1881). One of the oldest mines of the district dating back to the 1800's and intermittently productive through 1938. Total estimated and recorded production would be some 200 or more tons of ore averaging about 1.5 oz. Au/T, 1.6 oz. Ag/T, and minor Cu. A 10-stamp mill was erected on the property.

[quote jkasta]31 degrees 29' 53.94" N, 111 degrees 18' 54.44" W 5.5 miles (as the crow flies) SSE of Arivaca, AZ. Good hunting.[/quote]

Is that A left or right turn at that stop light? I don't wanna get lost and stumble into that mine and disappear!!

Ron

Here is something I really do not understand. Why if owned by a mining Co. would they (if said mine is "SO VALUABLE") want to sell it?! Why would they stop mining it then wish to sell? Of course he explains this oddity in his detailed message that most people would not sell he is just tired and mining is a young mans game-ha. Get some young inexperienced workers in that mine and they will die young--the story just don't add up or he is NOT TELLING ALL THERE IS! Besides its major big equipment doing most or all the work not like the old days of pick and shovel! I would not touch this place but I have never been accused of being smart!