Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yee Haw!!

Lori

I just knew there had to be silver in the ground!! I found this 1943 Merc in the side yard of my house. The little strip between the house and the driveway. I was on my knees and threw my hands up in the air and said Yee Haww!! My husband came out and asked me what? I told him I found my first silver in the yard. He was happy for me. Here is the picture.

Btw, I found it with my EXP II

Now that you know what silver sounds like, you'll be pulling more and more old coins. Congrats on the first one! :clapping:

My first was a Mercury dime too .... 41 or 42 or 43, just like yours!

Be careful, as soon as you see and touch your first silver like that YOU ARE HOOKED! many of us here have caught the same bug, It starts with immediately looking for more.Then if you can't get your fix near your home, the roaming sets in. You cant go to the store without looking at yards along the way wondering if they are old and original. At church on Sunday the eyes wander to the grass areas wondering ,Has anyone hunted this yet? Then you really know your hooked when every pair of pants you own have stains on the knees from digging! I have consulted several doctors and the only cure is to upgrade to a new machine and give in to the urge.
GOOD HUNTING LORI !

n/t

this merc.

I hope you see many more shiny things at the bottom of the hole...throughout your detecting career:)

Now to just get back out there and find more. Wait till you see a Half come out of the ground!!!:surprised: You'll really get excited then. Congrats on the Merc again and hope your next outing gets you more Silver. Good Luck and HH!:super:

Thank you all!!!! I was so excited to see it. At first I didn't know what it was but that was only for a second. They are so pretty coming out of the hole. I went back out about 20 mins later after the rain and I got a pretty high signal and dug and dug and dug some more. I pinpointed again and it was in a different place. I dug some more. Through lots of rocks too! And it was a NAIL!!! not even a rusty one! LOL.

You know what is sad, I don't even remember what the Merc sounded like :( Sigh. I am on my way to VA tomorrow. Don't have anywhere neat to detect there except my old elementary school and my dad's yard. I think I have hunted everything in his yard LOL. Maybe I will get up some nerve and see if one of my neighbors will let me dig in there yard. But, most of my neighbors are gone now and new people I don't know have moved in. Oh well, we will see!

Thanks again everyone it was a great find for me!

Appears you arent as tone deff as you thought. If you cant remember... just run in under the coil again. Silver is such a pure signal compared to other coins.

Dew