Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

YARD HUNTING WITH THE TEJON

D Wes

Being a new owner of the Tejon, I have managed to get some hours in to learn the Tejon a little. Have not been out in the fields yet but that will be this weekend.
My experience has been hunting old home sites that I have hunted with my partner a lot. Most surface trash has been removed and this is ideal conditions for the Tejon in my learning experience. In my yard I have recovered some coins that SURPRISED me, one being a buffalo nickle, several Wheaties and bullets. I have mostly used the 5.75 DD coil and love the power and depth this coil gets on the Tejon. I run the Sens at 6 and no higher and some times at 4. I have been power balancing the Tejon and it runs smooth with the Tejon chatter which gives a lot of information, the discrimination is excellent. and all of the coins I have found were next to iron.
Next stop was a old house that has a large side yard with a section that has produced and has been hunted in all directions with different detectors. this section is
about 20 feet by 10 feet. other coins have been found out side of this area, but this section has produced some nice coins and jewelry. I was impressed after I dug two
Mercury dimes in about 10 min. I was only digging soft deep signals, both coins to my best judgment were about 7 inches, maybe a little more as the grass was tall.
More coins were found, 4 Wheaties and a broach loaded with diamonds that got my heart beat going until I realized they were not real, but a nice find never the less
being the age of the broach. The Tejon is hot on brass and I did dig some bullets and other old house hold items that were keepers to me. The way the Tejon hit on silver did surprise me, I like the Tejon, and I just cant wait to take it out in the fields, but it sure can find the coins under the right conditions at old houses and its ability to detect keepers next to IRON is the best I have used.

I've never had one, but have heard great things about them. As you know location plays a big part in whatcha find, sounds like ya have a good spot or two and making the good finds, good luck to ya!

Randy

Location indeed, it takes my self a lot of effort to find a good place and much research. After long patience with a friend who field hunts for arrowheads, showed me to day her 3 ring bullets she has found with a keen eye. Invitation was given to join her in her various fields to try out the Tejon.