Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yahoo!!! I found my first valuable ring!

relic-hunter

There was a loud YAHOO!! heard on Clearwater beach this morning. It was my first time at this beach, after a guy I ran into on Siesta Key beach told me about Clearwater beach. At first I was just dry sand detecting with my GTAX550 and not finding much just a couple of pennies and a few bottle caps. Then I decided to try the surf with my Sand Shark. About half an hour into the surf detecting I got a nice signal and recovered a ring, it looks like a mans' wedding band, the marking on the inside is 14k then something that looks like a sideways "w" and art carved. It looks like white gold. It took me 8 months to find my first ring, but only 5 or six times in the surf with the Tesoro So whats the deal with white gold, is it more or less valuable than regular gold?

Ken

Nice ring!

Search for gold alloy information. The difference between white gold and gold gold is the alloy composition. 14K is 14K in either composition. There are calculators on line for value at current spot price. You put in the carat and total weight.

So far my Sand Shark hasn't turned up a ring that nice. I am going to show your picture to my Sand Shark and maybe she will work harder next time out!

Congratulations for the ring...and my deepest sympaties for your free will :) Now that you struck gold... you are hooked for life to Metal detecting :)
White or yellow gold is just a mather of witch metal is mixed with the gold... it doesn't affect value

Martin(Qc) said:
Congratulations for the ring...and my deepest sympaties for your free will :) Now that you struck gold... you are hooked for life to Metal detecting :)
White or yellow gold is just a mather of witch metal is mixed with the gold... it doesn't affect value
This about sums it up!!.. I am now hooked too.. WTG on your first Gold Ring!! shaka Mikey:thumbup: