Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ya gotta keep them working!!!:thumbup:

Royal

Nothing like a woman that will work.

My mothers 91st birthday was last tuesday, as I have mentioned before. My brother and I took her out for lunch, she loves Chinese and then she wanted a big bush taken out at the front of her house and a tree out back.

The first picture is as we were leaving for the resturant. The second and third is of her a working, Gary and I helped a little. Come to think of it, Gary was not with us for the bush as during lunch he asked me what Shingles felt like. He told me his symptoms and I told him to head for the doctors. He did so I got to do this bush with mom. It is nice to do things together with mom:rofl:

Gary came back as the work was finished, at least the bush was out and chopped up. I told my mom that we would not be a taking so long if she would work faster. It was hot as hell!!

The last picture is of Gary and Mom.

The next day we took the tree down and it was one hot, muggy, miserable day but we got it down and chopped up. Mom was a working right along with us. She DOES NOT take a dang break! Dang freak of nature!

I almost got my dang fool neck broke too! I had cut a limb about the size of Willys ego almost through and got down to readjust my ladder. I was walking forward and that dang limb came off and missed my face by about three inches. Scared the hell out of me!! I was walking toward it when it happened and it hit my hand. It is all swolt up like a toady frog! It would have at least put me in the hospital. I was lucky and very stupid!

[attachment 66406 mom1.jpg]

[attachment 66407 mom2.jpg]

[attachment 66408 mom3.jpg]

[attachment 66409 mom4.jpg]

Well......Willy anyways :lol: Cripes Royal.....I've been looking at my lawn for a week now and still can't get up the gumption to get out there and cut it. What's your mom doing tomorrow ?? :rofl: Honest to God buddy.....she amazes me and the rest here, no doubt. For that matter, so do you, you ole' mule. It's easy to see where you got your energy genes from. Glad that branch missed your noggin'.....that could've easily been far more severe than a concussion. Next time let your mom handle the chainsaw.:lol:

Lots to be done around here. The grass in the back yard is so high that I think something may be living back there because I saw some game animal type tunnels. Royal, your Mother is looking great and I am glad that you still have her! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

hope he don't have shingles, they HURT! I can only hope that I'm going like your mom when I'm her age!

Dave

He had Cancer last year. Lymphoma. He is clear of it now. My mother had breast cancer at 86 and is fine now.

Gary mows her yard but she does the rest. I Garentee you! Right now. She is out in her garden working. No doubt about it. She has always been that way. Wears a lazy man out. :thumbup::rofl:

n/t

Ah, never mind.... it is too easy a shot :rofl:

calm seas

Mikie

n/t

And you are lucky to still have her.She kinda puts me to shame...I wish I had her energy! I have been stareing at my lawn for the last 2 weekends and aint cut it yet!

she would be still mowing her lawn but Gary took her lawn mower away from her.

I have told it before but she is 91 and takes no meds at all. She still drives and has ALL her own teeth. You talk to her and she is as sharp as she was at 35 but smarter. Back then she should have killed me and didn't!

have! I think there's a lot of her in you......you work hard, and like to get things done!

This heat is killing me! and she's got about 36 years on me!!!! Loved the photos, and kudos to you for helping take such good care of her! That is such a privelege! Tell her hello from a friend she doesn't even know she has in Arkansas! :)