Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra finding gold

Hoover

Over the past year, my brother in law and I have been working a patch in an old gold mining area. This is my effort for about five visits. The XT70 is amazing on small gold. The largest slug is about 1.1grams and the smallest less than 0.1grams. My brother in law lives in the area and has visited more often and now has half an ounce in small nuggets. The versatility of the XT70 is great!

That yellow color sure looks good against the coil.

XT705 and hot rocks
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,955353

Hoover, did you have any trouble with "hot rocks" with your 5x10" HF DD at that location while looking for those tiny gold nuggets?? Did you ever try the round 10.5" HF DD?(It will not find as small of gold as the 5x10" but will go deeper on larger gold.)

I believe the patch is on an ancient river bed, and the gold was trapped in a layer of conglomerate. The rock layer is only about 15 feet wide and the ground around it is very hot with plenty of false signals. The fact that the gold is in this solid rock layer means that when you get a signal, you know that its gold. Unfortunately it also means that you have to use a hammer and chisel to get it out. This was not easy gold! But gold is gold, and you do what you gotta do. We haven't tried the other coils yet, though the signals are now getting harder to find and we are going to have to change our strategy if we want to find any more. The big problem with deeper nuggets is that it will mean a lot more chiseling!

Great acheavment Hoover!:clapping:
I've just gotten home from my first nugget hunt. No gold, but plenty of ground noise and a couple of tiny air gun pellets. That yellow stuff is quite ellisive. To find it in noisy ground is pretty good!
Mick Evans.

With today's gold price at $906 US per ounce: the two grams shown would only be worth about $65 USD. Not kings ransom but enough to fuel the fever!

Heck if I lived in gold nugget country would never hunt coins, unfortunately all we have is coal nuggets and glacier gold which would have to be panned for as its minute..and not worth the problem..Indeed the XT 70 is a versatile unit..

Congrats, I guess they weren't kidding when they said that coil will find small gold!

I love finding nuggets with the xterra! Seeing those makes me wanna grab mine and go out right now! I'm so glad I live in an area with goldfields...I have to drive a couple of hours but it's worth it...great nuggets! ross