Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra Elite compared to Equinox 900

I think there is a few youtube videos of this comparison between detectors.

I had the Xterra Pro & it seemed to be a great detector.
I also have the Nox 900 & it is a great machine also. It has more user option settings that my pro.

From the videos I have watched the Xterra Elite is great detector also. No slouch by any means.

I recall iffy signals, in one of his recent videos, saying something to the effect that the XTE uses the same processor as the 700 and the XTE is basically a 700 without a few of the more advanced settings. Considering the Expedition Pack comes with 2 coils and the wireless phones, that's a pretty good deal for the money especially if you're one who probably won't be messing around with advanced settings.

I think the XTE is the machine for me but holding off until I sell some detectors. I’d like a manticore but I don’t want the 11” coil that I’ll never use and you can’t sell. That’s just adds $300 to the price.
Yeah I don't care for minelabs 11" coil for the Manticore or the Nox 900.

Yeah I think from the few videos I have watched of the Xterra Elite it's going to be a great detector. It really is a good price if you consider the package deal with the coils, headphones & such.

Personally I think a better comparison would be between the XTerra Elite and the XTerra Pro, but that is just me..
For example, I bought the XTP, extra coil, and waterproof headphones and have $478 in it… the detector has already paid for itself in quarters alone, and is a great detector.. from what I see, the Elite is the same detector except for the multifrequency operation and the iron bias function… both are nice features, but I think with what I have invested in the XTP for what I use it for, and being I already have an 800, I really do not have any need for those extras.
Just my thoughts…

I've been working both the pro and the elite within the past month or so. I am lucky to have very mild soil here in nw ohio. If you are using the xt pro, you are not giving up much at all to the elite. Now, in heavier mineralized soil, that may change and I don't have access to any salt beaches so i can't speak for that.

So I this machine much different from the 800. Spent alot of time with the 800 seems OK on the slope .seems to do OK. Is there an advantage.
As stated in one of my posts above, I also have an 800 and by no means using the XTP to replace it…
I love the 800 and if not for a chance of leaks while using it in the water, I would not have bought the XTP.
With that said, I feel confident about using the XTP in the water and it has been in the water quite a times already and so far, no issues.
I like the fact that I can use the same headphones and coils from my 800 on it if I wish and it’s capability to work on saltwater beaches make it a great choice for me and a great backup for my 800.
When you refer to “slope” I am assuming you mean the surfline at the beach?
I have not tried the XTP there yet, but my 800 does well there as far as I am concerned.