Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XTERRA EASY CONVERSION TO STRAIGHT ROD

kraken14

hi all here is a easy way to convert your xterra to the straight rod system instead of the old S rod.
all you need do is buy a tesoro middle rod section and replace the s rod section ,you may have to drill a new hole to make it position correctly,[i did ] pretty easy and i also drilled another hole on the bottom coil rod section [not neccessary] but i did it as it makes the rod much more secure having two pop up lock buttons.
see the pic of finished detecor . the straight rod setup is SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE I COULDANT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE
[.WELL WORTH THE EFFORT.]

Does the straight rod lessen the weight of the 10.5" coils ? I have a bad back, and the 10.5 keeps me from hunting as long as I would like to sometimes. I was going to get a bungee to get a little of the weight off, but I hate those things. Always in the way or have to be unclipped when you put your detector down to dig.
Your conversion looks great. Maybe Minelab could offer the straight rod as an accessory someday.

Good hunting, John K

I TO HAVE AN EXTREMELY BAD BACK, AND YES THIS CONVERSION HELPS A LOT, AS YOU ARE NOT CONSTANLY FIGHTING TO KEEP YOUR S SHAPED ROD IN POSITION, it may nor seem much trouble useing the s rod, BUT YOU TRY A STRAIGHT ROD SETUP LIKE MINE AND WOW DO YOU NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE -so comfortable ect. AND BUYING THE TESORO MIDDLE ROD SECTION IS A GOOD QUICK NEAT WAY TO DO THE CONVERSION,I WAS LUCKY I HAD AN OLD COMPLETE ROD SETUP OF OF A TESORO. BUT SHOULD COST ONLY AROUND $10=20 BUCKS.