Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XTerra 70 vs Safari

stevecoleccs

Newbie Here! I have not been coinshooting or relic hunting for a long, long time, I'm sure there have been some technology advances since the early 80s.

I'm mostly interested in coinshooting (no beaches) with an occasional relic hunting. I live in Atlanta, so I know the soil here may be different to other parts of the world. Seems most people here use Whites, but I just cannot stand the "target sound" of the Whites.

So I had my eye on the newest from Minelab, Safari, however the X-Terra 70 has many great reviews, any thoughts out there, thanks for taking the time & keep digging!

steve , of course there have been some improvements in technology since the 80's but not as much as you would think. There has been alot of marketing stratgey and repackaging of machines with small upgrades and calling it cutting edge. I have read up on the safari alot since they have come out but I would not give up my xterra 70 for one. Now the xterra is cutting edge because it is new technology combining digital and analoge circuits. ok thats my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Ok you heard the Xtera 70point above. Now mine. The Safari will handle your soil and any other conditions. Deep, deep finds.............It's Minelabs latest step down from their biggie the Etrak...........Both are Minelabs, both are good machines..The 70 is much lighter in weight....The safari offers 27 frequencies at once..The Xterra offers 3 with the change of coils.

I would either get an Explorer or the XT70 and bypass the Safari.
I don't know anything about the Safari but it is a mult-frq. with less features than the Explorers.
You could get a used Explorer for a decent price, in fact, one can get any top of the line model from any brand for what mid-line models new go for.
Multi-frq. and single frq. have their advantages so it would be better to decide which of those you want....
Or better yet, get both, like some of us.....
Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth, good luck with what you decide.