Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 70 and cold weather

conlaodh

Hello all
I went metal detecting with my Xterra 70 and the temperature here today is in the lower forties.
After I turned on my machine it went haywire jumping from pinpoint to all metal, patterns, tracking and so on.
Each time I pressed a button it jumped to something other than that function.
Anyway I went home and let the detector heat up for awhile in my living room and then tested it in the garage.
It worked fine.
Later on went detecting again and same thing happened but this time I brought along my back up BH Pioneer 505 and managed to find two 1947 wheat pennies and some clad
Has this happened to anyone else with an X70

Try a fresh set of brand name alkaline batteries.

HH
BarnacleBill

Today I went out for a short hunt with my Xterra 70 and seeing that the temperature was 40F I brought along a brand new spare set of Energizer batteries.
Anyway I turn on my detector and it started going haywire and so I change out to the new batteries, hit the on button and still have the same erratic display.
My Xterra 70 just can not handle cold weather.

you might have a problem that only sending it in to Minelab can help. Did you change batteries? I do not know what it is but seems there should be a soft reset process. HH and good luck, Mike

Detect in 28F cold and have detected in colder temps since having my XT70. I use rechargeable batteries and they work great. No problems in the cold here. HH, Mike

You may well be right Bavaria Mike but I already have sent in my Explorer 11 into Minelab for a service/checkup, six weeks ago and they still do not know when they will get a chance to do that and return my Explorer to me.
When I get the Explorer back then maybe I will send in my Xterra for them to have a look at this problem.
Until then I hope that this mild winter we are having holds out a bit longer and so the cold, will not shut down my Xterra 70 from working.
Thanks for the input
Conlaodh