Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XT 70 Depth Problem

steven77

I put in about 30 hours with my XT 50 and I loved it. I had no problem finding coins at 8-10 inches. No Problem. I do beach hunting and prospect a few times a year here in Oregon so the XT 70 seemed like the perfect unit for me. My wife is now the proud owner of a XT 50!

The XT 70 arrived yesterday and I read the manual twice.

I spent 2 hours in the park this morning and I can

sensitivity between 18 and 20, I believe I read somewhere, where that would correlate to 27 and 30 on the XT70, maybe you're just running the sensitivity too low? John

Hi, Steven,

I'm sure that you will get a number of suggestions from both users and field testers as to your depth problem with the 70, but here is what I would do:

Since you already have the 50, you are in an excellent position to do comparisons with regard to depth. So I would suggest resetting the 70 to factory presets. Then take your wife with you to the location where you were finding targets at 8" to 10". Have her locate a good target with her 50 at that depth (say 3+ arrows) and mark it, then go over the target with your 70 & see if you can read it. Do this on a number of targets & post your results.

Also, when you did your depth test with the quarter buried at 6", did you check to see if you could read it with the 50?

It's often very easy to wonder about a detector's depth capabilities when you aren't finding anything deep. I find myself questioning my Explorer sometimes when I'm not finding anything except shallow coins when the reality is that I'm just not passing the coil over a deep target (or the target is too deep to sound off). Not saying that this is happening to you, but until we can determine whether the 70 is missing readable targets or the deep targets just aren't there it is difficult to know whether a problem exists or not.

Keep me posted.

Bill (S. CA)

Thanks Guys!!

I first set the Sensitivity to max (30) and it was a little jumppy so I backed it off to 27 and it read the Quarter layed flat in the ground at 10 inches!

Now thats what I'm talking about!

Good hunting everyone!

Steven

in case you didn't already know. When you hit Menu to make a change to a setting, you don't have to hit PP to exit and save if you are going to make more adjustments. Just hit Menu again to scroll to the next item, make changes, then when done with all items to be adjusted, hit PP to save and exit. A little quicker and more convenient.

HH
BarnacleBill

Steven,

Glad you got it worked out. Just don't run the machine too hot--it is really sensitive.

Have some fun!

Bill (S. CA)

I'll call you mid-day today and let you know what time I will be on that side of town.

Later!

Monte

X-terra's can be run at Max. sensitivty or pretty close to max. and respond well at least in my neck of the woods...

I'm looking forward to it Monte!

Thank you Monte and thank you forum members for your help.

The increase in sensitivity made a huge difference in depth!

From now on, I am going to set my sensitvity to the highest setting possible before it starts to jump around and become erratic. That will ensure I am getting maximum searching depth.

Good Hunting All!

Steven