Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xs2pro vs GT

strobeone

I have the xs2pro and a chance to buy a GT. Approx difference in cost will be about $100. Is it worth the extra investment of $100? If I get the GT, of course, I will then sell the xs2pro, but was just wondering if stepping up to the GT would be worth the investment, besides having a newer detector. Thoughts????

I feel the Upgrade to the GT would be worth the 100.00, I would my self.
The GT is more sensitive and the Balance of the rear mount of the control box and straight shaft is great and a better battery system. I cant see how you could go wrong. Your XS2Pro is a excellent Detector and if you decided to keep it your still in good shape.

I agree with D Wes as I would too if you can do it for $100 or even $200 difference. Both are great detectors and 2 of my favorites of the Sovereigns with the other one the XS.
This is what you will get with the GT I feel is well worth the difference. If you know the Sovereign well you will see the GT is a bit more sensitive that the XS2 Pro and you may see a little more falsing on iron and can learn to tell the difference. With this I feel I get a better ID on the deeper targets too over the XS2 Pro. As D Wes said the GT has a better battery system and the straight shaft too plus it has that 10 inch Tornado coil which is the first Minelab coil that has impressed me as much as the coinsearch did. The coil on your XS2 is good too, but the one on the GT is much better in my opinion. Another thing on the GT is the silent search option with just a flip of the toggle switch. I never thought I would ever use it and now I see where it can be good for the sites where targets are far and few so you don't have to listen to that low tone of iron as it seems to be the last target seen. I just flip on the switch and when I start getting some good signals i will go back to the threshold so I don't miss the real deep ones.
I never use the all metal on the GT and always run mine with the iron mask on like all the XS2 Pro so I can get the good targets close to iron.
The GT is a real winner in my opinion and the most sensitive of all the Sovereigns I have used and feel if you know your Sovereign XS2Pro well you will see the difference in the GT.

I wolud do it for sure, the Gt has a far superior battery system, the Gt set up is lighter , with a more stream-lined control box and the GT will have the tornado coil which in my opinion is vastly superior to the standard black bbs coil . good luck

This is an after the fact post...Strobeone got his GT and I bought his XS...Right from the get go one can see a superior cosmetic design on the GT and myself will mod the XS-2 by removing the Minelab armcup which allows me to move the box further back(better ergonomics) and the velcro strap adds to it for stability..I know he got a nice GT and from the pictures XS-2 looks like a dandy also. No doubt Minelab always makes improvements in its new models and am sure Srobeone will do well once he learns the unit and have no doubt the XS-2 will serve me well as I know the unit and anove all this one is like the factory produced ones with no mods which is my cup of tea..