Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XS quit working!

flylaps

I hunted with the XS yesterday for about for hours had no problems.
Tried to turn it on today and nothing.:cry: Tried new batteries and all that , but it just wont turn on.
Any suggestions? What a bummer!

Matt

I thought maybe battery connections? I opened it up today and all the wiring looks fine.
Maybe the power button is bad? Hopefully minelab can fix it?

That is strange.If you cleaned the battery and the detectors connections it shouldnt be the battery.Sounds like something internal.Sorry its not working.My se is on the way back to vegas right now with problems,I feel your pain.Good luck

That is if you haven't sent it in yet.

Try holding the Power Button for a few seconds. This will put the detector back into factory preset mode. I had a problem with my XS before where I thought it wouldn't turn on and found out that for some reason, all the settings in the menu were set to 0, which will make the screen itself look as if nothing is displayed. I would then try waving a coin over the coil to see if you can hear any kind of signal. You probably won't if everything is set to 0 like mine was so you may have to hit Menu and go to Display and see if you can't get the Contrast to darken. Hope this is the problem for you and saves you from sending it in for repairs. Good Luck and HH to you.:thumbup:

I had heard of the explorer xs resetting like that. I can't get mine to do anything.
I sent it into minelab today. They still fix the explorer xs and service guy said there was no reason to not get it fixed.
Let you know when i get it back

Just letting you know I got my XS back today from Minelab today. Seems to work great again , but I have not
had it out yet. It does turn on now. The power button was bad. Labor, parts and shipping it ended up costing a little over $65.
They're still fixing the XS and I'm a happy guy.

Hope you get some Silver on your trial run when you get out. Then you will know she's working just fine! Good Luck and HH to you.:thumbup: