Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XS and tumble weed battle :starwars:

kurt-ks

And the XS was the looser :surrender: I only had a few hours to hunt today,had to do some honey doo's :poke: So went to a field where an old ghost town site is(where I found that seated dime a few week's ago). After about an hour of detecting and fighting a 30 mph head wind and 30 junk targets I hit a bouncy nickel signal on the smart screen :cool: I was thinking maybe a shield or v nickel dug down only about 4" and found a crusty reddish thick coin about the size of a penny, stuck it in my good finds box(a skoal can with cotton)thinking it was a token. Until I got home and cleaned it :surprised: It was a 1860 fatty IH! Just about 15 minutes later something hit me from behind really hard,thinking it was big foot or something :shrug: I swung my detector around to defend myself and broke my lower rod in half on a 4 foot diameter rogue tumble weed traveling at a high rate of speed :veryangry: So walked back to my truck and did what any other red neck detectorist would do and duck taped it back together :super: Continued on with the hunt with my floppy pro coil and mad at myself for never buying a back up lower shaft only to find another IH! a 1864 this time. It's crusted up but looks like it's in good shape :thumbup: They are my oldest IH's yet and first fatty. It ended up a great day even if I have to order a new lower rod, I took a side by side pic for thickness comparison. Hope everyone had a good weekend and good luck on your next outing-K

Nice finds Kurt

I'm from Kansas too, looks like you got a swell spot! I hunt small towns in south central Ks........ my oldest coins that I have found around here have been a pair of 2 cent pieces, both 1866. You are doing great:thumbup:

Thanks Hombre, I know there not much to look at but I doubt I will ever find anything over 149 years old again.HH

n/t