Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP ws4 questions

petew

OK guy's, first time looking at the deus for real.Had my eye set on a racer2 but it's gonna be too long.I have the funds for a new ws4 with controller.I'm a coin hunter in a very old town,1700s established. And junk is everywhere. Had a etrac,really nice unit but in constant nulls...How hard is this beast to run,and is it a good coin hunter,and some jewlery?I'm looking to pull the trigger tonight maybe,so all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

It's not hard to run. Just takes some time to get used to it. Figure out how to get depth. figure out how to get speed. adjusting to all the new noises and tones. It's a great machine. I'd say buy it and get hunting as much as you can.

Ive been pleased with the deus. Took s little break in time but happy with it. I've been all over the charts this year with detectors. I started with an explorer about 15 years ago, which I think is just a slower etrac so I understand the nulling. I took a break(kids)/for 10 years and started back this year. Bought a new f75 which I liked ,very versatile, then traded for a sholadow x 5 just always wanted one and it was OK, then XP goldmax power and a tdi pro before getting the deus.since getting the deus I've been very pleased and not even shopped around. I feel.I'm starting to get the hang of it and my confidence is going up. It's a good all-around machine that has good depth and recovery speed, not to mention some soon to be upgrades to the software And best of all it's light and no wires¡¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PETEW, if I were you I would get the full head phones, not the ws4. The WS5 covers the full ear and blocks out most noise . And keeps your ears warm when cold like now.

The ws4 speakers provide higher pitch -- working in heavy iron, a big plus

Ws5 -- yes to block more noise I.e. When it's windy-- but no match tone pitch wise to ws4

And grey ghost Deus modified sound very similar to ws5.

Good luck with your choice.

WS4 allows for the versatility of choosing either full cup or on the ear headphones. Get the adapter clip and use whichever headphones you want including the ones you already have and are comfortable with.

Thanks everyone for the advice,but the more I read and watch the more confused I get.I never thought I'd get to where I'm afraid of not understanding a machine,but I am.And that's alot of do re me.

petew said:
Thanks everyone for the advice,but the more I read and watch the more confused I get.I never thought I'd get to where I'm afraid of not understanding a machine,but I am.And that's alot of do re me.

Don't sweat it Pete, I am the most technically challenged person I know and I had very little issue learning to navigate this machine. It has some options you will not find on other machines.

I am having trouble with mine. Don't get me wrong I know it's deep because I have tested it. It's deep for sure. The only problem I have is where I hunt on a mountain side, there is pockets of mineralization. When I get it set to where I can detect the deep objects in my test garden, and then take it to the mountain- it cannot tell the difference between a real target and the pockets of mineralization. Very frustrating for me. Also remember that I am a newbie to this machine. Barely had it week. So still trying to figure it out

Take it to the site to set it up.....
spend an hour on site to get it tuned into the specific conditions
I always do this, I carry a small gold ring and a couple silver coins
and just bury them on site and start tweaking
That's also why other peoples programs aren't going to work
in your area...
If you have high mineral pockets you might start with the Gold Program
it's designed for just that...
It''s the beauty of the beast.... tunable to most any site!