Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP offer: "Upgrade" your Deus/ORX to a D2?

abcoin

Did anyone else catch XP's "upgrade" promotion? They're offering a D2 coil, WS6 headphones, and mount to use the headphone puck as the master (no shaft) for $589. It's being marketed as an "upgrade" kit since you can add those components to your existing ORX or Deus I shaft.

Anyone think this is a deal worth taking advantage of?

IMO doesn't seem like a great one. They're basically saving you the cost of the shaft since you can pay about $100 more for the full WS6 master setup.

Did anyone else catch XP's "upgrade" promotion? They're offering a D2 coil, WS6 headphones, and mount to use the headphone puck as the master (no shaft) for $589. It's being marketed as an "upgrade" kit since you can add those components to your existing ORX or Deus I shaft.

Anyone think this is a deal worth taking advantage of?

IMO doesn't seem like a great one. They're basically saving you the cost of the shaft since you can pay about $100 more for the full WS6 master setup.
When I first saw the email, I thought it was a software upgrade but I read on. I think the puck is cumbersome for making changes although I havent used it in that capacity.
In fact, I dont even use it at all, I just bought the full size headphones as its very noisy on the beach with kids and surf. I could just buy a coil and use the puck on my ORX stem.
Definitely cheaper than $569 !!!!

Thought the 'upgrade' was going to be a winner but dont think so..... Sure would like to have a spare D2 coil. The battery in the coil really need a serious upgrade. I just about get 10 hrs of use and it seems Im always running low.....

JMHO

HH
Donna(NJ)

When I first saw the email, I thought it was a software upgrade but I read on. I think the puck is cumbersome for making changes although I havent used it in that capacity.
In fact, I dont even use it at all, I just bought the full size headphones as its very noisy on the beach with kids and surf. I could just buy a coil and use the puck on my ORX stem.
Definitely cheaper than $569 !!!!

Thought the 'upgrade' was going to be a winner but dont think so..... Sure would like to have a spare D2 coil. The battery in the coil really need a serious upgrade. I just about get 10 hrs of use and it seems Im always running low.....

JMHO

HH
Donna(NJ)

I agree, I was a little disappointed. I still have my Deus 1. I read the teaser they posted on Instagram last week as: You'll be able to trade in your Deus 1/ORX for a D2 at a special price. (I already have a D2, so not saying that would've been a no-brainer for me, but it would've been more novel.)

I doubt the $100ish you save on with this offer by foregoing the shaft will make a difference to many. Heck, you might even be able to get a dealer to discount the full WS6 setup to $589/slightly more and get the extra shaft anyway.

Since getting Steve's carbon fiber detector rod and 13" coil from Richard in recent months, I figured why not make my own "upgrade" using the WS6 master, extra rod and 11"coil. I just purchased the WSAIIXL headphones (to pair up with the remote) the audio adapter, and stem adapter for the puck, to make it complete and have a Deus 2 backup to the Deus 2. 😂 I'll run wired headphones with this setup.