Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xp deus vs Xp Goldmaxx mk1

Wow. Thanks for the video of someone who picked the wrong freq. to find those coins. Good job.

Kind of harsh comments to someone don't ya think? Be careful what you say on forums man...you might go from being someone that people respect the opinions of...to a crow sitting on a fence post cawing that just irritates everybody and then they finally just start discrediting and ignore.

It's the etrac disease...... don't make any negative remarks about this or that brand of detector....:poke:

Just an opinion, Nothing more. And the video was very informative on what freq. not to use. So let me say this in another way. I would not choose that freq. when doing that test. Enough said.

Not to worry about that. I doubt that test would apply to the coins that are found in this country. But props for him taking the time to post it.

I have 2 comments.

#1: The Deus coil should not be on the ground (or in a car etc..) while it is being turned on for the first 20 or so seconds. The unit is initializing assuming NO ground or metal effect.

#2: Try zero disc on the Deus .. and also vary the Reactivity.

Regards, Joe (California)

woodchiphustler said:
Just an opinion, Nothing more. And the video was very informative on what freq. not to use. So let me say this in another way. I would not choose that freq. when doing that test. Enough said.

Excellent reply......

I dont use all metals on Deus in normal serching and reactivity 2 is enought to normal use , this setings are optimal for me to ordinary use ( coins and small items ) and this film shows depth Deus in this setting, goldmaxx frq. 18k - deus 18k ( but in film i used 12k for a moment )
20 seconds - wow....
maybe not 20sec , maybe 10sec.... but take a look - same place , same target , similar result:
http://youtu.be/11sUtOJVXgM

Not a problem. I was surprised at the ability to not pick up the targets. Best regards.

I dont care alot for the 18 KHZ when scrounging for coins or buttons. I prefer the 12 or the 8. I seen the post on another forum that said "whatever" about the Deus being built around the 18 KHZ platform, and this may be true, but I notice a difference in performance and have spent a bit of time comparing the 18 VS the 12 on "in field" signals and my (redneck) opinion differs a tad from the scientific one. Dont get me wrong, Im not mad nor are my knickers in a wad, Im using what works for ME in my SOILS and Im having a blast!
To each ....their own :cheers: and of course ....Id try a GMP, if one were available ;)

this is not the mk1 m8 just the gmp with the v3 at the start the mk 1 will not work correctly with the v4 chip or 3 etc

I found depth better with 12 Khz as well on coin sized targets.I kinda feel sorry for those folks that take certain "scientific test/data" to be the only way to determine the performance of any given machine.What works best in Florida's near mineral free sands can and often will be a far cry from the infield results in other areas of the states not to mention the rest of the globe.
If you want to know what setting will allow any machine to perform best in your area you must do your own testing or at least study the results of those using same detector in your area and types of sites.

I'm not sure how he was able to make the Deus not even make a peep when swinging over those coins. I tried my best out in the yard with just about every coin in my collections at every Khz to see if I could do the same thing and the Deus picked them up every time. Not questioning the video, just stating that the results were very strange.

Prymek7 do you think the Goldmaxx MK1 is a better Detector with more Depht and better Audio ID vs the Power?

I don