Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus at DIV in Culpeper

vtcivilwar

I just returned from the DIV event and didn't see one XP there? Other Non pulse machines were there. Any word or thoughts on how or if the XP would handle the red dirt?

I had my Deus in Culpeper, VA this spring (on the site of DIV XXII) to test it with some other machines...E-Trac, Blisstool, TDI, etc.
The Deus is not good in that soil environment IMHO (but I adore it for normal farmfield soil) like probably every other VLF/FBS detector made except:

It seems that the Blisstool is one of the only VLF machines that can successfully ground balance out the hot soil and achieve the depth needed (10" +) to get the finds while at the same time being able to discriminate out iron. This was independently proven at this most recent DIV and is posted on the DIV site.

Here is a video on the subject which is not meant to be a sales piece for the Blisstool - but the Deus is a part of the video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g90S65e1kk&feature=plcp[/video]