Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT Meteorite Program

sport.pilot

Hello everyone,

I enjoy meteorite hunting. Presently I use My Gold Bug 2 or my Minelab GP Extreme. I saw in a book that Robert Haag the Meteorite Man uses a Whites detector to hunt meteorites. Does anybody have a meteorite program for an XLT they are willing to share? I hunt mainly in Arizona in Gold Basin and Franconia Wash. Thanks.

We (my dad and I) tried to get a meteorite program to work but it seemed to pick up every rock. I hunt the same places as you, Franconia and Gold basin. I use my GMT and it is a killer out there.
I was going to go to Franconia on Friday but changed my mind and am going to Gold Basin on Sat. Might hunt a little gold too.
As far as the XLT for meteorites I don't know, we also tried an MXT out there with no luck, used it in Prospect mode, I was told to hunt with the XLT in relic mode and to turn off the Auto ground balance or it will balance out the meteorites, it sees them as hot rocks.
Hope this helps some

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I should stay with my Minelab or my Gold Bug 2. I will play around with it and see if it works or not. I also have a friend's XL PRO that I may try as well. Good luck at Gold Basin.

THanks, ya really can't go wrong with the Gold Bug II for meteorites it will pick them up .
Who knows one day we may meet out there...I ride a red Polaris Sportsman and most always wear overalls...like an old farmer ..LOL
happy Hunting