Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT/DFX question

ghzcss

I have an XLT, MXT and M6. Love all three machines. My question is concerning the lag time between pulling the pinpoint trigger on the XLT and switching modes. My XLT has a, what I consider, to be an unusually long lag time between squeezing the pinpoint trigger until it actually switches modes. Neither the M6 nor the MXT does this. They are almost instant. What I am wanting to know. Does the DFX also have this lag time. I am considering purchasing a DFX. And, I would really like this info before hand. All three detectors are excellent. But, this lag time on the pinpoint is a bit annoying to me.

Mike, First let me say that I am glad that you like the machines. The lag time that you are experiencing, IMHO, is not normal.. I suspect a dirty switch... What kind of reaction time do you get when you push the trigger forward... The DFX is instant with no lag time whatsoever. While the XLT is an excellent machine with a lot of diehards out there, in the right hands, the DFX can be a killer machine. Default performance on both machines are similiar but the DFX starts to shine a little brighter, when proper tweaking is done... I would suggest the book, Digging Deeper with the DFX by Jeff Foster (I got em) This is a must read if your considering a DFX but great reading even if you don't have one....Jeff knows the DFX inside and out and with some help from some of the fellas on the DFX forum too, you'll be ready to go...One word of caution, a lot of DFX's show up on Ebay for sale, the reason being is that most dont take the time to learn the machine....I have been using them off and on since they came out, and still am asking questions....time to learn the machine, is a factor and admission of a learning curve is another. Sorry to ramble, best to you and God Bless, RichardnTn Backwoods Detector Sales

Richardntn is right on the money in all accounts. The learning curve on the DFX is anywhere from a few months to a year. If you know your XLT, you have a good headstart though.

I haven't used my XLT in a long time but I don't remember it having a long lag time so I went and fired my XLT up and when I pulled the pinpoint trigger it switched real quick. I mean almost instantly.

You might consider sending the XLT in for a checkup. Whites has a great service depatment.

Good Luck,

HH Randy

Got my answer to day. Seems they used two different processors in the XLT. The newer ones are a little slower. There in lies the answer.