Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT BACKLIGHT LED:thumbup:

Minermangold

here is a mod created with housing mounted white led ( sourced from cheap auto accesory - 12v ) , power is connected thru handle and is bridged to main board power. it is not connected to meter in anyway .

Button assembly is replacement pad from WHITE'SPARTS.com (Keypad (Touch Pad) 358-003:geek: around $16.00 .It was cut down and using small lead wires soldered
to board power. Hardest part is cutting into clear lens cover, button is expoxy set. I used a dremel tool.

it is a bright LED so i rubbed airplane glue inside clear lens bottom to create a difussed light otherwise it would shine too brightly forward.

one interesting idea that came to me AFTER assembly was that you can CAREFULLY using a very fine brush paint the needle with glow in the dark paint.
It would CHARGE the paint during daytime use and glow softly during lowlight , sounds crazy , but i think it would look cool.

Oops I meant XL PRO :detecting:

Cool mod! Just what the old girl needs!:clapping: The red led doesn't ruin your night vision ( an old army trick). My led hat lamp is red and I can still see in the dark after you turn it off.

PennyFinder

It's NO flash ... If you look at pic enlarged you will see" light" is behind lines of clear cover.

I took picture with flash off and with meter light enabled.