Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL SMALL COIL PROBLEM?

Low-Boy/LCPM

I went hunting at a old Navy shipping yard and it has been very wet I have the 6000 XL Pro and I use the 3 inch coil and found I missed a lot of tragets like silver...I did find some cool stuff but they were not locked in kind of looked at the meter and the sound was almost broken. Very little disc was used. My friend has a fisher 3D CZ and he just locked in on some really nice silver.

I use the hot shot coil at schools and it doesn't miss a thing but this area was too small to use a big coil and had a good amount of iron. I am thinking of looking into the DD 3x6 inch Eclipse Shooter DD
3" x 6" Loop
thinking it may do better in this ground and was wondering what you think if you have used a few different small coils or have the DD?

THANKS LAWRENZO

Hi lcpm,

What I understand is that your XL Pro is working fine with a larger coil but will not lock on targerts with the small coil. If that is right, it sounds like there is something wrong with your small coil. You mentioned it was very wet. Could there be a small creack in the coil? Just a thought .......

Don't mean to be trying to talk you out of a 3X6 DD loop. Just wondering if there is still some warantee time left on your existing small coil.

Good Luck
Hunt4Fun

The coils are new so they work at parks very well it was the ground that I had the problem with at navy and army bases it is always hard to detect something they seem to do to the ground. But thanks for the help I will let you know about the new DD coil so you guys can get a heads up!

Lawrenzo

I don't intend to talk you out of buying the 6.59 kHz 4 X 6 Shooter DD coil for the XLPro. But, I have owned two of them (bought them both brand new) and neither of them performed as well as the 350 Snooper. Maybe I was hoping it would be as good as the Shooter coil for the MXT, (which is GREAT), and was disappointed when the 6.59 kz didn't hunt as well as I had hoped???

Like many others who have posted on this forum, I find the 5.3 coil to be one of the best available. I like mine so much that I sold the Shooters and my Royal 800. I never use the stock 950 and only pull out the 350 when cherry picking quarters. If you get the Shooter and it works well for you, let us know. Maybe I just got a couple bad ones. Or maybe a DD coil would be better matched for your soil. HH Randy