Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL Pro !

dirtykneesrus

These are finds from my last two times out with the XL Pro. What a fantastic machine!

Old dump finds including a 1944 wheatie...

[attachment 54654 post2.jpg]

And a short trip to a local park including my second buffalo, a few wheaties, a sweet barber and a 'Campfire Girls' button.

[attachment 54655 post.jpg]

great finds!..are you using the bullseye,or the black max 5.3?..its all i use,and a "nasty" combo it is!.to me it is one of the best coin snipers i have ever used!..(h.h!)

j.t.

I am still using the stock coil but the 5.3 coil is on my list. I have been doing as much research on it as I can. The best info comes from people, such as yourself, who are already using it. I have been hearing a lot of good things about it!
Thanks

yes.!..if you can,you should get one!..it turns this detector in to a coin finding fool!..the pro is extremely well balanced with the little guy on board too!..i use mine to hunt sidewalk easements,and have done well with it!it is so much easier to use,than the 9.5!.the big guy should be used for plowed fields and areas that are relatively trash free so you can cover ground better!..i tell you the 5.3 WILL get down to 7 or 8" for depth,and to be honest MOST of my finds over the years here in new england have averaged 6" to surface
so you are covered in depth,depending ,of course on where you hunt!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Congratulations dirtykneesrus, you have some really nice finds there. I believe I would go into shock if I uncovered a Barber Dime.

I also swing an XL Pro with a Bullseye 5.3 coil mounted 95% of the time. Most of my hunting is done in areas with moderate to high levels of iron and aluminum trash. In that environment, the 6 1/2 inch coil on the XL Pro works great. That combination handles well, swings easily, and finds lots of coins.

Just recently I ran the XL Pro and 5.3 coil through a heavily used picnic area in a local park. The trash level in this area is what I would call dense. Even though I was moving the coil moderately slow the audio signals were coming as fast as a machine gun and the meter would rarely lock on to a target. I found 2 or 3 coins but after about a half hour I was getting frustrated with all of the noise and few good signals. Then I remembered that my 350 Snooper coil was in the truck. I went and put the 350 on the XL Pro and started hunting the same picnic area. I swung the coil slowly and immediately this combination started giving good audio signals and solid meter locks. A little over three hours later I left the park with $6.19 in clad 2 nice tokens. BTW, most of the coins were found at a depth range of dust covered to 2 inches. However, one of the penny/dime meter locks turned out to be a dime at a tick over 5 inches so the 350 snooper has respectable depth.

I think one of the various White's 6 1/2 inch coils should be almost permanently mounted an XL Pro. However, even these great coils can become overwhelmed when the trash levels become dense. At that point you have 3 choices: find another place to hunt, start clearing the masking trash, or install a 350 snooper coil and continue finding more good targets.

Good luck and have fun, Bob