Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL pro vs. 6000 di pro sl, does anyone have both machines?

poptop

I am making observations with my xl pro against my 6000 di pro sl and find that the meter is substantially slower in response on the xl pro. I seem to do better in trashy areas with the 6000 di pro sl despite it's extra weight. Does anyone out there have both of these machines and have you made the same observation? I was sort of hoping that I could make a decision to pick one over the other but have discovered that I'm in love with both of them for different reasons. Covering average to somewhat trashy areas with ease and speed, the xl pro is the hands down winner but in very trashy areas that need slow close work, that instant precision needle response on the 6000 pro sl helps me pick out targets much better. I have never read a post about this difference, so I am wondering if my xl pro is normal in it's behavior. Monte....I need you on this on as well as any others that would be willing to comment.

P.S. Both machines using the same coil....apples to apples!

Meter speed is about the same with mine. One thing I have noticed is that my XL Pro runs a little smoother not only in my hotrock plauged mineralized ground but also in the iron infested sites I hunt with less falsing on iron. I notced that I can rum my gain higher also with less falsing. Depth seems about the same in my test garden but I haven't compared them head to head in the field. It also seems I can sweep a little slower than with my Di Pro SL. comparing the two on deep targets in my test garden. I've used the Di Pro SL since 1989 up untill just a few months ago but if I had to choose one I would have to pick the XL Pro. The differences above aren't huge and it could be my particular machines or my ground. One thing I will say though, for a 4 filter suppossed slow response detector this baby will flat out nail them old coins in iron infested sites with a small coil. These finds were made with my XL Pro at ghost town sites where 2 or more pieces of iron under the coil per sweep are the norm.

I just picked up an XL Pro with the stock coil, but want to buy a smaller coil. I would go for either the 3x6 Shooter or the 5.3. I have used the Shooter on my DFX and I was impressed, but I have been reading good things about the 5.3 too. Since I haven't even tried the XL out yet, I thought I would get some feedback. The trashiest spots I hunt are cellar holes and that means iron objects, not pull tabs and bottlecaps. Thanks, Ron

Ron I use the 8 inch and 6 inch Black Max. I use the 8 inch for more open areas. Tweaking the Signal Balance I'm able to get about the same depth as the 9 1/2 coil.

Good post Monte. I really liked my Classic III and IDX Pro when I had them but it's sometimes hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Over the years of using the 6000's I developed a unique system of using the audio tone and also the pinpoint feature for working these iron filled sites that has worked well for me. Another detector that is starting to grow on me is a Quantum II my son bought me recently. I understand it is a 2 filter detector. It has the newer 1.2 software that is basicly the noise reduction feature turned off. I can't stand the zone ID feature and will be used more as a beep and dig machine. Depth is very impressive and using a small coil it has performed better than expected the couple of times I've used it at some of my old logging camp sites. I could never sell it being a Christmas present from my son but to tell you the truth I don't think I would get rid of it anyway. I have an old resort site where the old coins are very deep that I'm going to take it to with the 9 1/2 inch coil to see how it performs.

I will probably get the 5.3 for the cellar holes, it looks like it will get me moderate depth and fairly good separation. This XL Pro is going to be some kind of different animal, I can see that now and am getting real excited to use it. About another month of this cold crap and the robins will be singing. Ron

Thanks Monte, every thing you said makes sense to me. I have been trying to use the discriminator between my ears to compensate for not having the right set up. I have been learning how to pick out the coins in high trash, despite not getting good solid signals from audio or meter. It has been a lot of fun trying to interpret a broken signal that had a split second high meter hang and draw another conclusion from what would normally be a pure trash signal. Learning to triangle pinpoint in trash when the X method gets confused by the five or six other pieces of trash in a 9" circle has been a hoot as well. Time consuming and tricky to say the least, but I'm getting much better at it. It makes much more sense like you said, to have the right tools for the job to start with. I'm learning a lot but spending far too much time recovering. I really appreciate the time and effort that you put forth to answer these questions in the detailed and easy to understand way that you do. I wish there were a way we could repay you for the time you spend aiming us in the right direction. Thanks again, Frank