Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL Pro + A Good Friend = Good Finds & Good Times!

dirtykneesrus

Got together with my best friend, who is also my brother, over the weekend. We had been researching an old site for a while. He was able to get permission to hunt the area and waited for me to arrive.
We had a great time together and I am looking forward to many more hunts with him. These are a few of our best finds.

An 1827 large cent.
[attachment 35249 1827largecent.jpg]

An 1867 two cent piece.
[attachment 35250 1867twocent.jpg]

A very high caliber musket ball.
[attachment 35252 MusketBall.jpg]

The finds were great but the memories we made were better.
Thanks again for letting me come along bro!

I was glad you were able to make it out for a visit..I can't wait until we can do it again..Maybe next time I'll find something...:nopity:Thanks for the great week end..

:twodetecting:

Great job, nice finds.:clap: The XL Pro is a fine detector, my personal favorite to date. :beers:

Take Care,:)
Bill G

I know the feeling. I hunt with my brother when we can and we always have a good time. Seems as though we compete for the best find. Human nature I guess. But when all said and done I think we pretty much are even on the score although he thinks I'm kicking his a** at present. I know though that probably on our next outing he will get the prize. No matter, we always have a good time.
Good finds wish we could get a large cent. Just one of those goals we've been trying to achieve for many years.
HH
Bill

We had been researching this site all summer. After many attemps, my brother was finally able to get permission to hunt it.
The coins were surprisingly shallow, 4"-5". The ground was very soft, made from many years of composted leaves and weeds.
We had quite a trek getting there but it was well worth the trip.
We plan to return there again later this fall.
Thanks for the interest!

Thanks Dirtyknees, That's amazing that these old coins were that shallow. These older finds are so few and far between that I feel they really deserve the story to go with them. Makes for a interesting an educational read. I guess that's the draw of the magazines. If they didn't have the story with the finds, I probably wouldn't buy them. If every one wrote alittle about their better finds, I think this forum would really grow and be more fun to take part in. Thanks again and go dig us up another real oldie.