Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 705 Relic Hunting

botlmole

1 st week in December was up North in Auburn, Cal. at an Antique Bottle Show I sell at every year and had the chance to hunt an ancient stage stop up in the Sierra foothills. We tried this last year but the ground had several feet of snow on it, this time it was crispy cold but ok, no snow. It was a hike back in there, wore me out, thick woods. I hunted with the 705 in all metal with 1 Tone. This was the first time I had hunted like this, no reason for any discrimination, we were looking for any metal items. I had a blast, I dug so much stuff. I came back out with about 50 square nails or every size, 1 mule show, a pewter spoon, a knife blade, a brass sort of tool of some kind, and a bunch of wasted old pieces or rusted cans and iron. No Coins, but, man it was fun, the place was dated from 1852 to 1860 when it burned to the ground. I dreamed the night before of finding many of a cache of traveler's gold or coins. It sure was different and a fun hunt Rick

Fun hunt!!

I like relic hunting for sure,and ancient road and tracks are a favorite place to hunt.I cant wait to go back to Minelabs rally in Corfe Castle.UK,the most and best hunt I ever had.
Also,the Coiltek 15"dd for Terra is a great relic/coin hunter with very good balance and it slide through the grass at eas...

Would be fun to go for a MD--trip to US one day.I really would like to find the big silver 1 dollar...sounds like they are rare to find though!
HappyHunt

Mike the Swede

I dont relic hunt but use the prospecting mode with 0 disc and dig all to prep the area for the ml5000 for gold hunting, I use the round 18hz coil it really does work well and it is super senstive to small iron ( boot tacs) and larger metal (can lids,bolts)

Sounds like ya got a good start!! If you would like to try something different, take all of the notches out of your pattern one mode, it adds just a llitle more iron rejection than "All Metal Mode", which by the way is really not a true all metal mode like the prospecting mode is. Try using 2 tone all metal also to cut out digging those pesky square nails. I love the low tone of iron, it let's me know to slow down and take my time to get the non ferrous targets mixed in with the iron!!!........Mark