Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 705 Beach Hunting

botlmole

Low Tides today, went down to a favorite little spot where I keep pulling silver out of the muck. Today instead of Beach Hunting it was a Bitch Hunting, I was receiving massive quantities of interference. My detector was not working properly, I actually thought I might have a loose connection or something going on? I hunted for 3 hours and it was just noise noise noise then I would get a solid sounding signal and a coin would appear, no jewelry today, but, I did get 1 wheat penny and a silver dime. Most signals were double beeps and I noticed my TID numbers were all over the place, when in Pin Point mode, I would ether loose the volume or it would sound off in huge areas or patterns, not normal for sure. I was relieved when I dug the silver dime as it gave off a 38 TID swinging from all directions with a strong sound, when in Pin Point it gave me the zip zip sound, sharp and small in area, the dime was about 4". Anyone else experience this type of detector behavior and what are you doing to work around it? I did have my unit in Coin Mode, Disc. Pattern #1, ground and noise canceled with the Beach Mode and the Tracking Mode, I kinda thought it might be over kill but it was the only way it would work. I may go again tomorrow and try it in all metal and see what happens. Rick

I did a post a few days ago about my 705 audio cutting out and someone suggested to me to be away from the target when putting it into pinpoint mode and then go over to the target.....went out for a few hours and tried out there tip and the audio worked fine.... the rest of the chatter i get i contribute it to being a consentric coil in this arizona highly mineralized soil. Probably need to get a DD....Found a horsehoe today and lots of can slaw....that's it LOL
Joe

If it's a salt water beach, you'll have to lower the sensitivity way down to hunt the wet sand. Even if you use beach mode the wet salt sand will drive your detector crazy if you have it cranked up too high.