Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 705 Beach Hunting Again

botlmole

Well, went back to my little spot at the beach, very low tide, I found the usual lead sinkers, 1 really nice fish shaped lure, a handful of coins (mostly wasted eaten up zinc pennies) and a small amount of trash. I am getting better with use and re-reading all my info on the use of this detector. I found out something I was doing wrong this time that I shared about before. The unit was going nuts again so I was trying to fine tune the Noise Canceling process and after re-reading the manual and some notes I had, I realized that the proper way to set the auto noise canceling mode is by hold the detector waist high horizontal. I was holding it vertical and it was not working well at the beach, catching a lot of electrical interference. Holding it Horizontal worked super well, nar a peep, I was really happy discovering this, soooo, you never can read the info enough. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Rick

IMO, beach hunting is a whole different animal and I have never really felt like I had it down. It's not so much a skill of detecting, but a skill in getting the detector to work. I have another detector that I use on the beach and it works well, its the less expensive of my detectors and seems to work the best. That detector has an auto ground balance and a manual threshold adjustment, not even an ID meter.... caveman stuff..LOL. I sold my old go-to detector and I could never get it to work on the beach, it went completely nuts. I took my 705 to the beach the last trip and it never got out of the trunk due to weather. The 705 has a beach mode and I was curious how it did, sounds like its difficult to tune as well.

I would love to see a video of the proper way
as you are explainging.

Keep sharing the tips! Got a new X705 in the box
and will hit Floridia in a few weeks.

I don't do videos, but here is the link to a post I made about holding the coil for NC, back in April of 08.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,708769,710492#msg-710492

and another in May of 09
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,979128,979143#msg-979143

and yet another made this past March
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1434040,1434499#msg-1434499

HH Randy